Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hand-sewing prep done - for now...


Encouraging words of the day:

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5, NLT



God knew you, as he knew Jeremiah, long before you were born or even conceived. He thought about you and planned for you.



When you feel discouraged or inadequate, remember that God has always thought of you as valuable and that he has a purpose in mind for you.

         
The Penny Haren appliqué group I’m in is having a “catch-up” week.  Here are the blocks completed the last 5 weeks:


It’s  "One-Flower Wednesday" and here are my flowers.
Every week Karen at Journey of a  Quilter hosts One-Flower Wednesday.  It’s great seeing what everyone else has made.  Thanks, Karen, for keeping us motivated in adding to our hexie flower garden.


Moving right along - Two “Dear Jane” blocks completed.
D2 

 D3
 I’ve done all the prep work I’m doing for sewing DJ blocks while I in California.  That’s “pretty much” all I’ve done in my sewing room for the last two days but finally I’ve prepared the blocks to sew by hand through Row G.  Now to do it all…Thanks to those who have given me tips on sewing my DJ.  I can certainly use all the tips I can get, especially any on hand appliqué.  I’m always open to any comments or tips for sewing the DJ.

A few giveaways I've run into: 
"...just one more stitch" is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to Fat Quarter Shop. – ends June 4th.
"Fabric Worm" is giving away a fabric bundle. – ends June 6th.

That is all. 

5 comments:

Birdie said...

Lovely flowers, your Dear Jane is coming along very nicely. I should get back to mine.

Renata said...

Die Blümchen sind sehr schön, am besten gefällt mir die blaue rechts.

Liebe Grüße!

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful flowers and blocks! I especially like Dear Jane block D2. Have a wonderful time visiting my state!!

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Love your flowers and your Dear Jane block!

handmade said...

very nice dear jane block and the flowers are very pretty