Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Jane A 11 and My Farmer's Wife 3


Encouraging words of the day:
You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. ~ Psalm 92:4, NLT
I won these cool Patriotic Squares from Rachel at "Just So Ya'll Know."   I had her mail them to my address in the Hill Country.  I hardly ever get mail there so it was quite wonderful actually receiving a surprise there.  There are blocks of all sizes from Layer Cake size to little 4 inch squares. Thanks, Rachel. 

We’re now visiting our sons in Virginia.  I’ve brought along a little hand-sewing so I can still work on “My Jane.”  We’ll be at the beach next week so I probably won’t get much sewing done.  It’s all good.
Speaking of “My Jane,” here’s my latest block. I paper-pieced the background and then appliquéd the little squares in the corners. 
A-11

Here is  Block #2 of the “Farmer’s Wife Sampler” called “Joanie’s Basket.”  It has a paper-pieced background with the handle appliqué.
FW3  – “Joanie’s Basket”

Today is One Flower Wednesday!  Lately, about all I’m sewing are the hexie flowers due on One-Flower Wednesday since I’ve been working on “My Jane” and “My Farmer’s Wife.”  Thanks, Karen for keeping us sewing hexie flowers with the One-Flower Wednesday plan.


Giveaways I've run into:
"1 Choice 4 Quilting" is giving away an Amelia jelly roll, an Amelia layer cake, and a Hometown by Sweetwater jelly roll. – ends July 25th.

That is all. 

8 comments:

Karen said...

From top to bottom, so nice!!!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Everything is so lovely.You will have a nice little pile of completions at the end of your hoilday.

Stray Stitches said...

Wonderful blocks. Love the hexie flowers :) Have a wonderful time visting your sons!

Birdie said...

Pretty flowers, and your Dear Jane blocks are coming along nicely.

Teresa Felgueiras said...

You been working hard, the Jane blocks seem rather difficult. I bought the FWQS book and I've just made block #1. Your flowers are lovely, my favorite is the yellow one, I love yellow you know.

Deb said...

Your hexie flowers look so bright and happy! I love seeing your blocks every week.

Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

Christina said...

I am loving you bright yellow flower! I really need to work on my Dear Jane blocks...

Sunnysandra said...

love the yellow one!