Monday, July 18, 2011

My Jane Block A10 & Farmer's Wife Block 2

Encouraging words of the day:
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. ~ Psalm 23:6, NLT

We’re on our way to visit our sons in Virginia tomorrow.  I’ll be taking a little hand-sewing so I can still work on “My Jane.”  We’ll be at the beach so I probably won’t get much sewing done.  It’s all good.

Speaking of “My Jane,” here’s my latest block. I paper-pieced the background and then appliquéd the little shapes on that.  Making the little-bitty points was somewhat of a challenge and has a few imperfections which add to it’s charm, hah :)
A-10

Here is  Block #2 of the “Farmer’s Wife Sampler” called “Autumn Tints.”  It is paper-pieced and the main problem I had was sewing the squares in the right place.
FW2 – “Autumn Tints”

 And, of course, today is "Penny Haren Applique" post day.  This block is called “Bird’s Nest.”  I don’t think it looks like a bird’s nest at all.  Mine looks more like a cross.  4 more blocks to finish…

“Bird’s Nest”

Giveaways I've run into:
Want It, Need It, Quilt is giving away a GO! Baby Cutter and your choice of three dies.  – ends Aug 16th.
"Dye Candy" is having a giveaway of you choice of an item valued at $18.00 or receive $25.00 off an order of greater value from her  Dye Candy store.  – ends at 10:00 pm July 18th.

That is all. 

2 comments:

  1. The applique of those tiny pieces would intimidate me!!! You are really moving along on them. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit here and a little bit there and you are moving along. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete