Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Jane D6 and Farmer's Wife 6


Encouraging words of the day:  
 3 For he will rescue you from every trap
      and protect you from deadly disease.
 4 He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection. – Psalm 91 NLT


Today is One Flower Wednesday!  This group really is accomplishing what it’s mean to for me.  I keep making hexie flowers so that I’ll have something to post each Wednesday so that’s good.

The sewing that has slowed down somewhat is the work on “My Jane.”  I’m still going though.  The bookkeeping has really slowed so I don’t even know how many I’ve done to date.  I guess I’ll work on that too.  I know that I haven’t even come close to making all 225 blocks yet, not even a fourth.  Anyway, here is block D-6.  This was such ridiculously paper-piecing that I’m wondering if I sewed it up correctly.  
 D-6

Oh, Tip:  Just in case you have an Accuquilt Go Baby.  I was lucky enough to win one, but here’s the tip:  Do Not put your fingers in the hole of the handle and roll away with wild abandon as I did.  That mat “thingie” along with the die comes through quickly and crushes your finger in the process of cutting out beautiful hexagons or whatever you’re cutting.

Here’s  “My Farmer’s Wife” block # 6 called Big Dipper.  It was all paper-pieced.  I hate the colors I chose for this too.
 FW-6 Big Dipper

Giveaways I’ve found:
"Green Fairy Quilts" is giving away a Fat Quarter Bundle with 38 fat quarters in it, a Jelly Roll and a Layer Cake. – end date not listed.

"Tales at Wayne Manor" is having a giveaway of one yard each of two prints of Joel Dewberry's Deer Valley. – ends August 24th.

That is all. 

6 comments:

Maria said...

Nice bright flowers for your garden.
I am like you and know I have to stitch at least ONE flower for Wednesdays. LOL

You are doing much better than me with your DJ blocks. I got the book over two years ago and have not done ONE.
Will not get the FW as i know I won't do it.
Sew well done.

Pat from FL and MI said...

I love your fussy cut hexies!

Karen said...

Such flashy flowers!!!! Fabulous! Jane looks correct to me and I like the Farmer's Wife block. And, oh, your poor finger!

Melody said...

Spectacular flowers - wow.

Stray Stitches said...

Love your flowers!!!
Thanks for the tip on the GO! cutter. I will make sure to keep my fingers out of the way.
Your D6 block is very pretty but I have to agree with you on your Big Dipper block - not one of my favorites.

Your Friend Susie said...

I love looking, I wish I could quilt. Maybe one day I will sit down and make myself learn! I am all thumbs tho. :)