Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One-Flower Wednesday & Blogging is Like Exercise


Encouraging words of the day:
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. ~ Psalm 17:6, NLT

I’m back.  I had a wonderful time during my hiatus from blogging.  But now I’m finding that blogging is like exercise.  As long as you’re doing it on a regular basis, no problem.  The minute you stop for a little while, it is hard to get back into the routine.  Anyway, we spent a week with our oldest son, DIL, and 3 grandsons.  What a wonderful time we had. We had the opportunity to watch our oldest grandson compete in his high school’s district cross-country meet.

Then we went to a million, well a lot but maybe not a million,  soccer matches.  All 3 grandsons are on a soccer team so that “pretty much” takes care of any spare time.  We loved every minute of it.

Then we spent 4 days attending our OFOF Convention.  This is a group of people and spouses who worked together for years until retiring.  Upon retiring,  one qualifies for the OFOF Group.  The acronym is for “Old Farts and Old Friends.”  What a great time we had catching up, viewing photos of grandchildren, and talking about old times.

I did, however, miss my sewing.  I’m back and going full steam.  I sewed a couple of happy flowers for One Flower Wednesday,  one of my favorite days of the week.
They came out sideways so the smiling sun on the top one is sideways as well. 

I’m off to a slow start with blogging so,
that is all.

13 comments:

Kelli said...

OFOF cracked me up! I was wondering what that stood for. :o) Sounds like some great family time, too.. and I love your happy flowers! :o)

Jessica said...

I know what you mean about blogging! Nice to have you back though :) Love your flowers!!

Stray Stitches said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time and good to have you back in blogland :) Such cute flowers!

sunny said...

What a fun time away! All of my nephews played soccer, and I remember those days of running from one game to another! The blogging habit will come back, don't you worry. Nice flowers.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty Flowers. Glad you had a nice time visiting.

Julie Fukuda said...

My kids got together in Portland for a mini reunion and that is what the pictures looked like...Daughter running marathon,Grandson#1 playing baseball, grandson#2 playing soccer,granddaughters #3and4 on the tire swing. I know you had a great visit and your blogging fans are glad to have you back...flowers and all!

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad that you had such a nice visit with family and OFs!!!

It is difficult to get back into the swing of life in general after being away. There is always so much to catch up on.

Nice hexies!!

Maria said...

What fun you had with your family and it is hard to get back in the swing of things.
Your flowers are lovely and it depends which way you turn your flower where the sun is. LOL

Erica said...

I'm just getting back to blogging myself. Your flowers are pretty!

Karen said...

Sounds like a lovely week and happy flowers they are!

Sheila said...

Glad you enjoyed some time with family , that is always a great thing to do . Good to have you back I was away for a few days myself.

Birdie said...

Great flowers, very pretty.

Cybele's patch said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Nive flowers too.