Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One-Flower Wednesday, a Gingerbread House, and a Castle


Encouraging words of the day -
In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. – Luke 1:26-27 NIV

Once again, it’s One Flower Wednesday  and here is my flower.  I only got around to making one but, after all it IS One-Flower Wednesday.

If you'd like to see more,  just go to  Journey of a Quilter where Karen gives everyone the chance to share their hexie flowers.  

I got enthusiastic again about making house blocks after making my block for a house block lotto so I made my castle from the November House block.

And the December House block is a gingerbread house.

I’m not posting any giveaways again because there are like a gazillion at "Blog Hop Party" "Giveaway Day" hosted by "Sew Mama Sew."  

That is all.

10 comments:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love you flower I to only made one flower the time just sliped away. You have a good day happy quilting.

My Sister Made Me Do It said...

The castle turned out so regal looking....like a castle! ha....but the gingerbread house is just adorable.....reminds me of Handsel and Gretel....Love that brown fabric used for the walls...looks somehow familiar...:)

sister outlaws said...

The castle is amazing, Irene! It's like an illustration! The texture of the sky, stone and grass are lovely. I look at it and start imagining the story that goes with it. And I love that a little gingerbread man is waving from the gingerbread house! Just fantastic!What will these be? Wall hangings or part of something bigger?

Needled Mom said...

Those houses are fabulous!!!! I love the hexie flower too.

Karen said...

One wonderful flower and two great house blocks!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty flower and I love your houses!

Kelli said...

What a beautiful hexie flower, and I LOVE house blocks! The castle and gingerbread house are sooo cute!! Love!

Julie Fukuda said...

What can I add to what has already been said? Each one is super.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The gingerbread house is adorable!! Love the flower full of flowers, too :)

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love, love, love that castle block!!!