Monday, March 19, 2012

My Jane B-6 on Monday Afternoon


Encouraging Words of the Day:
I am leaving you with a gift, ”peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. ~ John 14:27, NLT

What’s up?  Me?  I tried to get back to “My Jane.”  I chose what looked like an easy block since I’d been away from “My Jane” for a while.  Wrong!  I chose B-6 because it looked like easy paper-piecing.  Wrong again.  I worked on this forever and it is still crooked and funny, just the way it is going to remain.
 B-6

But better things happened.  Look what I got for my birthday from my “Year of Rugs” partner.  My birthday was in February but she still took the time to send me something, that something being this beautiful pattern for sewing up a tote bag made from hexies.  Kitty, thanks so much,  You must know how much I love sewing hexies and this is perfect!

I now have 3 “Little Houses” for the "Building Houses From Scraps"  Jeanneke from Holland is hosting.  Go to the link and look at all sorts of cute houses. 
Here are my 3:
These are 3 1/2 inch blocks and are perfect for doing something with your scrap pile.

Reminder:
My sister and I are hosting a fabric swap called the "Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap."   Take advantage of the opportunity to add just a little bit more of that novelty print or color to your stash.  Click HERE for more information and to sign up.



Now I’m off to:
Tackle another “My Jane” block.
Cut out my second Swoon block,
Finish my mug rug for my “Year of Mugs”  April partner,
Work on my FMQ for the Challenge,
Make more “Little Houses”
Blog Hop
Don’t tell me I have nothing to do. . . . 

Giveaways:
"Leona's Quilting Adventure" is celebrating 1000 followers with a giveaway of 4 charm packs, a spool of variegated thread,  Marty Mitchell's Log Cabin ABC's and both Rulers that go with the Book, an apron panel, and a yard of fabric. - ends March 31st.
"Annie's Ruby Slipperz" is giving away an AccuQuilt Baby Go Cutter and 3 dies. - ends March 24th.

That is all.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That does look like a challenging DJ block!

I love your cute little houses. They are really tiny, aren't they?

What a nice gift from your mug rug birthday partner. I am really enjoying the year of rugs. It was a great idea.

Kelli said...

Those Janes look complicated. But so cute! And I love your little houses!

Kitty Pearl said...

So glad to learn you like hexagons too, Irene! Very Happy Birthday, again --Kitty Pearl :)

Julie Fukuda said...

I would never have thought that block to be an easy one! The scrappy houses are cute too.

Josie McRazie said...

oh, that block was a BEEP< BEEP< BEEP< BEEP!!! LOL!! I tackled it and decided that with that one finished was ABSOLUTELY better than perfect!! LOL! I think just attempting it is a win!! mine was here and it is just the same, crooked and uneven, but DONE!! http://jocrazymama.blogspot.com/2011/05/b-6.html

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Congratulations on not only attempting but also finishing B6! And I love the little gingerbread man in the window of your "little houses" house. I so know how you are feeling with all you have to do......but at least I have some one to blame for it all....hahaha