Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane J-6 and J-7


Encouraging words of the day:
In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. ~Matthew 5:45.
In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers or just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble. When something unexpected happens or you find yourself facing a crisis, don’t automatically go into “panic mode” or just fall apart emotionally. Realize that the crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had yet. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you to make your crooked places straight!

We’ve been back in El Paso for a week now.  I’ve been busy and have not blogged since last Wednesday.  Yes, today is
One Flower Wednesday.  Karen provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers and I usually manage to get at least one flower done.  Here are two scrappy flowers:
 
If you would like to see more flowers out there in blogland, just click HERE.
 
And I’m trying to keep up with “My Jane.”  Here is J-6.  I didn’t make a good choice on the colors, too much white so the design seems to get lost.
J-6
And here is J-7.  I did pretty well on this one except for the top part.  As “they” say, these little (or big) errors add character to the quilt.  “My Jane” is full of character.
J-7
 Then I’ve been working on my Civil War Legacies Quilt.
A group of us was sent 12 books of "Civil War Legacies" by Carol Hopkins and we are  doing reviews. There are actually 15 patterns in the book.  My quilt is called “Scarlet, Tomorrow.”  It fits me since I am still trying to get my block done, maybe by tomorrow or Friday when I’ll post what I’ve done.
That is all.

8 comments:

  1. Well, Scarlet, after all...."tomorrow is another day".....pretty flowers........I am still waiting for my package so I can make my flower for today.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like all is right with the world when I look at your Wednesday flowers (on Thursday here in Australia). In fact I found myself thinking yesterday "Oh I'm stressed out - I need Irene's One Flower Wednesday" Love the colours of the flowers. And love J-6. Lookingforward to reading about the civil war quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think anything that can wait for tomorrow, should just do that. Love your progress in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hexies flowers and how many dear jane blocks have you got?
    Can´t wait to see your Civil war blocks.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new quilt sounds interesting. Wonderful flowers, really love the pink one and how can you not love a DJ with character and I love the way J-6 turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thought is the blocks in Jane are so small and there are SO many of them that if someone is looking for my (MANY) errors then they are not appreciating the HOURS of work that went into her!!! I love you blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious that you are keeping up with your DJ blocks. I think they are lovely and once set into the entire quilt they will look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers as always! And well done on keeping up with the quilt blocks... very organised of you!

    ReplyDelete