Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane TR-2 and TR-5


Encouraging words of the day:
So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.  ~ Ecclesiastes 8:15, NLT
Solomon recalls the remedy for life's unanswered questions. He recommends joy and contentment as encouragement for us along life's pilgrimage.  We must accept each day with its daily measure of work, food, and pleasure. Let us learn to enjoy what God has given us to refresh and strengthen us to continue his work. 

Well, we took another road trip yesterday - back to the ranch for a couple of weeks.  I worked on my hexie flowers for One Flower Wednesday where Karen has organized a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers.  If you would like to see more flowers out there in Blogland, just click HERE.  Meanwhile, here are mine.

Yes, I know they look pretty weird for flowers but I really do have a plan.  The top is going to be the sky in the picture I’m planning for my hexies and the darker part will be the ground.  Later, I’ll figure out what goes in the middle, I'll post those.  I do know that part of it will be a “little house” that looks like our little ranch house in Rocksprings, Texas.  My sister at “My Sister Made Me Do It…" is sewing it up for me.  And, NO, I didn’t make her do it.  I probably just hinted a little.

 I took the plunge and started on some of the triangle blocks for “My Jane” using the tutorial at "Aunt Reen's Quilts."  It was actually pretty easy.  I just love this site.  Aunt Reen says we can finish up the DJ in 13 months and since I already have several made before beginning with Aunt Reen, I just might be able to do it.  Here are two triangle blocks: TR-2 and TR-5.

 TR-2

TR-5

That is all.



13 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice pieces....good luck with your Jane quilt....I hand quilted a Dear Jane last winter for a lady. It took her 2 years to piece it; it was the most difficult thing to quilt...lol
But gorgeous finished!!

sister outlaws said...

Can't wait to see your hexi landscape! And I LOVE the triangles!

sunny said...

I Can't wait to see how your hexies come together! Nice work on Jane. When are you starting on mine? LOL!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your cloudy bright blue sky! It will be fun to watch your picture progress.

Polka Dot Classic said...

Lovely hexies you have made and the Jane blocks look very difficult and perfect :)
Thank you for sharing
Marta

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love the way the sky is looking! it is going to look so good with the little house that YES, I VOLUNTEERED to do...and YOU DIDN't make me do it....hahahaha.....I wish I had known 45 years ago how much joy your would bring into my life back rgwb when, as teenagers, we couldn't stand each other......

Julie Fukuda said...

Sky, ground, house, flowers, oh, I'm going to love seeing this one!
Your sister always makes me smile. Can you clone her and send one my way?

Karen said...

They are funny flowers! And, look at you go with the triangles, very nice!

Anthea said...

The hexy's are intriguing! Can't wait to see what you do with them... x

Mary said...

Your triangles are beautiful. I just love the tutorials Doreen has been posting.

Josie McRazie said...

Love the triangles! HEY, be sure to come over to my blog and see my giveaway!

Needled Mom said...

The triangles are looking fabulous!

The hexies are going to be wonderful in your design. It is a terrific idea.

Aunt 'Reen said...

I really like your sky & ground idea with those hexies - can't wait to see more! Beautiful job on your triangle blocks too!
(you are so sweet to mention my blog - thank you)

I really enjoy reading your spiritually inspirational words of wisdom each post too - just wonderful!