Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday in the Texas Hill Country and My Jane F-3 and G-4

Encouraging words of the day:

But for those who are righteous, the way is not steep and rough. You are a God who does what is right, and you smooth out the path ahead of them. LORD, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart's desire is to glorify your name. ~ Isaiah 26:7-8, NLT

At times the "path of the righteous" doesn't seem smooth and it isn't easy to do God's will, but we are never alone when we face tough times. God is there to help us through difficulties, to comfort us, and to lead us. God does this by giving us a purpose and giving us provisions as we travel. God provides us with relationships of family, friends, and mentors. God gives us wisdom to make decisions and faith to trust him. Don't despair; stay on God's path.

Not much going on. We're still at the ranch and it stopped raining after we received 3 inches of rain. Thanks to God who knows how much we need the rain. We had to replace our water heater and since I was the supervisor, after all, I didn't get much sewing done. I cut out some 2 1/2 inch squares since I will some day make a postage stamp quilt.


I also finished a couple more of "My Jane" blocks and have F-3 and G-4 to show you. I now have 117 blocks completed. I'm beginning to think i might actually finish some day. 118 to go. That actually means I'm not quite half way done. Gosh. Well... onward I go. These two blocks were easily paper-pieced.


F-3


G-4


I'm planning a giveaway soon with some "stuff" I've ordered from Connecting Threads. I hope it will have arrived by the time I return to El Paso next week.
Speaking of giveaways, there haven't been a lot of them lately but I did find this one:


Quilting Lodge at http://www.quiltinglodgeblog.com/2012/05/time-for-giveaway.html


is giving away your choice of 13 fat quarters or a layer cake. - ends May 12th. That's by midnight tonight so hurry. I'm still working on blogging from my iPad and couldn't get the link to stick on the name "Quilting Lodge." Back to the drawing board...


That is all.





7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

3" more??? That is awesome.

You will be more than halfway by the next block. That has to make you feel good.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Both blocks are great....G4 is really pretty.....looks difficult but you made it look easy.....points all look perfect!we have also gotten some rain at your "other home".........see you soon.

sunny said...

Really love G-4. How long have you been working on the blocks? Halfway is fantastic.

Julie Fukuda said...

You are moving right along... almost half way there and lookin' good.

Karen said...

In no time you will have pasted the halfway mark with your Dear Jane and sprinting to the finish line! Both blocks are wonderful.

Josie McRazie said...

Love the G-4! It pulls you in!!!

Mary said...

We got a good rain last week as well. It was so very welcome. G-4 is one of my favorite DJ blocks.