Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Flower Wednesday


Encouraging Words of the Day:
I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer. ~ Psalm 120:1, NLT

Today is One Flower Wednesday,” that day of the week when Karen from Journey of a Quilter” provides a linky for us to share our flowers with you.  Here are three of my little flowers. 

I’m more boring than usual today since that’s all I have to post.  We’re all packed and now getting ready to go to our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country.  I’ll be doing some hand-sewing so I’ll have some things to show you later in the week.   

Oh, wait.  I just remembered that I finished my needlecase for a swap on “The Quilting Board.”   My partner requested fall colors so I sewed this up for her.  Notice that I used a 1/2 inch hexie on the front.  I used one on the back as well :)  I'm working on a tutorial for this little needlecase as I am so happy with the way it turned out.  I hope Melissa will love it too.

    
That is all.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty hexies, and what a sweet needlecase, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely flowers and cute needlecase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Never boring! And those little hexies are so adorable. I love the needle case and I am waiting patiently for the tutorial.......seems like you just got back and you are already leaving again......but I know you love your little place in the Texas Hill Country.......maybe I need to go visit you there again......

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute little needle case. I love those fabrics. Go safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sure Melissa will love it! I certainly do. Have a safe trip. And you're never boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty flowers and your needle case is darling! Looking forward to the tutorial! Safe travels as you head back to the ranch. I thought of you today as we drove to Texas...I stitched hexies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boring, I think not! Love the flowers and the needlecase is also very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling needlecase! Just love the little hexie on the front of it....really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely NOT boring. I love seeing your flowers each week.

    Your needlecase is fabulous. I think we need a needlecase swap. Wouldn't that be fun?

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete