Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18 of Blogtoberfest and Worst LQS Experience

Encouraging Words of the Day:


Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. ~ Psalm 103:2, NLT

I went to a beautiful LQS store here. I was so excited since my experience in the Clovis LQS had been so positive It is just full of beautiful fabrics, sample quilts, sewing machines, and patterns. Most of the fabric is $10.95 and up. Fat quarters are $3.25. They do have a little corner full of little bags of what they call "snipppets" and those were a good deal and full of different fabric scraps perfect for my hexie flowers. There was a woman there buying fabric for the backing on her GFG. She had the scrappy quilt top with her and I proceeded to "gush" over it because it was so beautiful. She was not interested in anything I had to say about it although she did let me look at it. It seemed she was on a mission to get her backing and didn't want to talk about her quilt top. Maybe it's just me, but every quilter, up to now, that I had ever met wanted to talk quilts. My experience with the shop keeper was not much better since she saw that I was just looking at "snippets" and she was involved in selling the $12.95 a yard fabric. While I was looking at the lady's quilt top, she asked me if I need help so I asked her for a book or pattern for the clamshells I'm interested in making and she asked, "Well didn't you see any in the clearance area you were looking in? I know we don't have any in our regular priced books." Ummmmm, I just told her I hadn't seen anything, thanked her and bought my snippets and left. At least the "snippets" were plentiful and pretty and I'm glad I bought them. All I have to say about that now is, "Oh well. One less store I ever have to visit."




Here's another hexathon I've finished. This is #13. It kind of looks like a regular hexie flower I once made since I used the same fabrics.


 
Completed post # 18 for Blogtoberfest.




That is all.

 

 

12 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Gosh I have been to "those" shops....it is a shame that good customer service isn't practiced everywhere.... I love the hexathon....and you're right it.... looks like the hexie flower I loved too!

Needled Mom said...

Well..that's a bummer! They won't last long with attitudes like that.

Love the flower. Pretty colors.

Astrid said...

I'm sorry you had such an experience at that shop - sorry to say it, but that looks like here! Other shops though, because quilt shops do not excist. Love the hexie! Beautiful colors.

Anthea said...

What a rude person! I hope you will be shopping elsewhere in future if that's possible. Nothing sends me out of a shop quicker than rude staff. Gorgeous hexathon creation, lovely colours. x

Jamie Lee said...

Been there, too, and never been back.

Way to go blogging every day!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Oh wow thats too bad that the shop owner was so rude, I probably would have left without the snippets in protest!
I love your hexie!

sister outlaws said...

I'm loving the hexathon! Hope those rude people didn't hurt your feelings. J x

quilary said...

Glad you came away with some lovely snippets, so that is a little positive end to the story! Maybe they will be good for your little hexagon flowers too :)

Mhairi said...

That is an awful experience. I have had this a couple of time as I am a young looking 35 year old and I think they tend to discount me as a serious sewer as I often have a child or two in tow.
If you are after a lovely clamshell pattern etc have a look at my friends shop - she is very reliable and has really good prices.
http://quiltfabricdelights.com.au/store/WsDefault.asp?One=5096
The first month is clamshells.
Good luck.

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love your fussy cut hexie flower!
Sorry to hear about your experience with a rude Quilt shop! Thankfully, most are nice and welcoming!

Lisa C said...

Well, boo for that shop owner. It takes a whole lot less effort to just smile and be nice than it does to think up something rude to say. Her mother should have taught her to smile -- or at least count to 10. Hoping next time in a LQS will be a winning experience for you.

Celtic Thistle said...

Well as "what goes around comes around" I am guessing her business won't last. Still at least you know where to avoid.