Sunday, January 13, 2013

Penny Haren's Pieced Applique Quilt Finished and a Stash Report

Encouraging Words of the Day:


I'm not making New Year's resolutions but I am going to try to use up more fabric in my stash and make a dent in my list of UFOs. To that end, I've joined Carrie's "Nothing but UFOs in 2013" and the Stash Report that Judy hosts at "Patchwork Times."

Well, I've also been working on the Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique, Intricate Bocks Made Easy" quilt which I started in a quilt-along in January 2011 and I'm happy to say that I've finally finished this UFO, 2 years later. I didn't add the fabric which composed the blocks since those were made in a 2-year time frame. What I did in order to finish was the backing and borders for a total of 4.5 yards used. Finally, here's my finished 60" x 60" quilt. All those little blocks are applique.

 

Stash Report:

Used this Week:4.5 yards

Used year to Date: 9.5 yards

Added this Week: 0 yards

Added Year to Date: 0 yards

Net Used for 2013:9.5 yard

Check "Patchwork Times" to see other stash reports.

 

That is all.

 

8 comments:

Judy Townsend said...

Your Pieced Applique looks great! I also began one in 2011 (on the quilting board). I have my 25 blocks done and am beginning to work on the setting blocks. MAYBE it will be done this year!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! I love the color combination - very beautiful!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on the finish, its stunning.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Gosh the photo doesn't do your Penny Haren justice....although the quilt looks lovely in the photo it is just so vibrant and beautiful "in Person". This has been one of my favorites of all your projects. Way to Go!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful quilt Irene!
Congratulations on a wonderful finish. You are off to a great start to the New Year already.

Pattilou said...

Your finish is beautiful. The colors look great together--and applique--wow you are a master!

Carrie P. said...

Well done! I am so proud of you for finishing one of your UFOs! Congrats!

KatieQ said...

Congratulations on the beautiful finish. It looks like it was a lot of work. The colors look wonderful together.