Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane F-8

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our afflictions so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Once again we find that it's "One Flower Wednesday." I've been working on 1/2-inch hexies and decided to spread them out and count them.

There are 96 and they cover a space about a yard square. Hmmmm, I guess I'll keep on sewing.

Meanwhile, I didn't even make a 1/2-inch hexie this week. Instead I made two 1-inch hexies for my partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." We're having beautiful weather in Texas so I took the hexie flowers outside and photographed them in our apricot tree which is in full bloom.

Click on "One Flower Wednesday" to see flowers others have made.

 

Also, I FINALLY finished "My Jane" block F-8. I had so much difficulty with those little slanted parts on the outside edges. It was ridiculous how much time I spent on them. I finally just sewed the pieces together with the template method and then attached them to the rest of the paper-pieced middle.

All's well that ends well.

That is all.

 

14 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Wow look at all your "baby hexies"! They look great.....how big do you plan to make it? Looks like to me you only need 3 more...jaja.....and I agree with you and Pa Ingalls.......

Aunt 'Reen said...

Wow, you've got a lot of wonderful little hexies finished! They are all so very sweet!
Congrats on block F8 too! It looks very pretty! Many of these look harmless at first but are real "sticklers" to assemble.

sunny said...

What are you planning for your baby hexies? You should finish with them before you have to be committed because of Jane LOL! Glad to hear Spring has made it to you. Send it up northward, please.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Excellent DJ and I love your flower garden. Thanks for the verse as well!

sister outlaws said...

Those wee mini hexies are just too cute! A Fairy quilt!

Carla said...

Oh my just LOOK at those little hexies. Perfect

aubirdwoman said...

Happy St Patricks Day to You too.

and what gorgeous hexies. But they dont go far do they lol. ah well keeps our hands busy.

Astrid said...

Look at all those cute hexies! Do you have an idea how many you are going to make? Lovely DJ block too.

Julie Fukuda said...

Rule #1, there is no wrong way to do things, and, if it works for you, it is the right way!

Maria said...

Love those baby hexies, just sew cute..

Madame Samm said...

hi Let us know if apologies are in order ....were you on today for ND or another day?

Karen said...

For all your troubles, Jane turned out well. Love seeing all 96 flowers in a row and a lovely photo of the big flowers.

Celtic Thistle said...

Those tiny hexies are wonderful.

Helen Marasco said...

Gorgeous tiny hexies, :-)))))