Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Beautiful Gifts on One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for you because of what you have done. ~ Psalm 92:4, NLT


We're back in El Paso, Texas and what beautiful days we're having. Spring in El Paso is a beautiful time of year. We arrived to a backyard of flowers in full-bloom. My husband is in heaven as he loves working in the yard (and I love that he loves this :)

Today he'll be enjoying planting more flowers while I'm off to have lunch and spend time with my sister Ida but before I go, I have flowers of my own to show you. It's "One Flower Wednesday" and I sewed these up on the way back to El Paso, three little 1/2-inchers.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

There were also packages of lovely things waiting for me in the mail. Julie from "My Quilt Diary" wrote about the "Dark Sucker Theory." I had heard of this before and had lost my copy and Julie graciously shared her copy with me. I was thrilled to find it in my mail. Thanks, Julie.

 

Also in my mail was a beautiful mug rug from Maria who sent this all the way from Austrialia for the "Rugs With Friends" group. She also included two lovely fat quarters of spring birds and a pile of colorful buttons along with some rick-rack. Thanks for a lovely package, Maria.

That is all.

 

9 comments:

Helen Marasco said...

Three more lovely flowers, the fussy cutting looks great. I especially like the little grey one.:-)))))

Carla said...

What a cute rug! The real flowers are gorgeous! As are your hexies

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are all gorgeous!!

Maria's little mug rug is so cute with the flowers. She did a nice job on it.

Trillian said...

You are lucky to have such a nice sunny time.
Love your three new flowers. They are beautiful.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love your iris cant wait for my yard to start blooming they are just coming up through the ground love your hixies.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oooh, If I couldn't enjoy lunch with you and your sister, I would love to garden with your husband!
Have a great day.

Karen said...

A little piece of heaven on earth, beautiful garden flowers! Love the hexie flowers too.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what pretty flowers....the "real" ones and the sewn ones.....I always look for a "make do" but haven't seen one in awhile....thanks for a beautiful lunch and "sis-time"....you let me talk a little bit this time....hahaha...the mug rug Maria sent is gorgeous...she does great work and so do you....:)

Janet said...

Lots of lovely flowers in this post :)