Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pile of Potholders and My Jane M8 and M9

Encouraging Words of the Day:
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4 NIV
I've been sewing like crazy making potholders to use as some of my Christmas gifts. I needed to learn to use my new embroidery machine so I made all sorts of centers for the potholders and now I've finished up most of them. I don't even know how many I made but here is a pile of them.

Counted them. There are 14 of them. Glad that's done.


Then I worked on "My Jane" for a while. Here are M-8 and M-9.
 M-8 went together easily via paper-piecing BUT,
 M-9 came out rather crooked, ok really crooked. It was also paper-pieced but those corners were horrible to make come out even. As you can see, mine are rather skewed. M-8 looks good and was done quickly. I worked on M-9 forever and it still looks strange. I will learn to love it because that's as good as it's getting.
We're leaving our beautiful Texas Hill Country ranch tomorrow. It's been a wonderful visit but we're headed back to west Texas tomorrow. I need to go get my prep work done so I can sew for the 6-hours it takes us to get back to El Paso.
That is all.
 


9 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I think y'all just need to move to the Hill Country - that's too much driving. LOL. You sure do get a lot of stitching done though! Love your pot holders! You are set! That's a great idea to embroider the centers. I need to make some of those.

Mary said...

Love your DJ blocks ... You're still way ahead of me. Safe travel home. I also think you need to move to the Hill Country.

sunny said...

what a great plan to practice your embroidery skills. After all, Christmas will be here in no time. Have a safe trip!

Janet said...

That is one big pile of potholders!! It is great to be able to say ``that`s as good as its going to get``...

Julie Fukuda said...

I am again in envy because I always get stuck with the driving and everyone else sleeps. Nice little pile of work.

Rosa said...

Love your DJ blocks and your potholders look gorgeous.Have a great trip!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Wow you make those potholders look "easy as Pie"! (does one of them say that??) Well I like both of your Jane blocks and your quilt will be magnificent when it is finished. AND I AM NOT READY FOR YOU TO MOVE TO THE HILL COUNTRY.......(not until I move to DFW.....haha)

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Wow you make those potholders look "easy as Pie"! (does one of them say that??) Well I like both of your Jane blocks and your quilt will be magnificent when it is finished. AND I AM NOT READY FOR YOU TO MOVE TO THE HILL COUNTRY.......(not until I move to DFW.....haha)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Look at all those beautiful pot holders! So nice to get a head start on holiday gift giving!
Congrats on getting 2 more Janes sewn. They are both very pretty blocks. Like Brenda always said, there are times when "finished is better than perfect".
SAFE TRAVELS!