Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane H5 and H3

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." ~ John 8:12, NLT

Once again we find ourselves at "One-Flower Wednesday." It seems like I'm always working on hexies and loving it. I just finished two pink hexies for my June swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." Since I'm getting ready for vacation, I quickly placed them in an envelope and mailed them off the Australia. Yes, I mailed them and forgot to take a photo so I don't have those to show you. Instead, I have my Flower Ball to show you. I've finished sewing the flowers sent to me by my friends in the "Get Your Hex On Hive #3" quilting bee.

I embroidered the name of each seamstress on the flower she made. Now I need to applique the ball onto the background and quilt it.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.


I've also completed a couple of "My Jane" blocks. Here are two easily paper-pieced blocks. I now have 143 of 169 inner blocks done. 26 to go...

H-5

H-3

That is all.

 

17 comments:

Maria said...

Love you Hexie Ball and I am sure your pink flowers were very pretty too.
Nice blocks as well.
Have a great holiday.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oooo I love your Hexie Ball!!! It's just amazing to me how a little change in width etc can give you such a round shape :*)

Rosa said...

Your hexie ball is just beautiful and also your DJ.

Raewyn said...

I love the ball!!! And the DJ blocks are gorgeous too. Two projects I must start on!!

Trillian said...

Wonderful flower ball. Too bad you forgot to take photos of the other flowers. But perhaps your swap partner will do it.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous hexie ball. Hugs,xx.

Needled Mom said...

That ball is amazing!!!! I love it.

Only 26 to go on those inner blocks? That is incredible. I hope you are feeling the end of the tunnel with them.

sister outlaws said...

The ball is brilliant! How lovely to put the name of each stitcher in the hexie!

sunny said...

Love the Hexie ball! And you're making great progress with your Jane. Someone brought a smaller version of Dear Jane to Quilt Club tonight. She did 72 blocks, and none of the border pieces. Still pretty amazing, though.

Carla said...

Your hexie flower ball is amazing! It looks fantastic.

Anthea said...

Hi Irene, wow the hexy ball is coming along so well - love it - and what a great idea to stitch each ladies name too... x

Helen said...

The flower ball looks fantastic and your DJ blocks look great :-)

Karen said...

Love that flower ball! And, excellent DJ blocks.

Celtic Thistle said...

Your flower ball is just gorgeous Irene, and nearly into single figures for the Dear Jane's how great is that :)

Julie Fukuda said...

Looks like your Jane is coming right along and the hexie ball is beautiful!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The hexie ball is beautiful! And you are moving right along with Jane.....way to go! And I know you will stitch up some more on the way to Virginia!

Janet said...

The Hexie Ball is so intriguing. I might have to do that as well when it`s my turn - not until the fall.