Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Baltimore Start

Encouraging Words of the Day:

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me ~ Psalm 16:8, NLT

Hello "One-Flower Wednesday!" I'm still sewing 1/2-inch hexie flowers and I guess I'll be doing that for a long time before I ever get enough to make a quilt top. Not only that, but just sewing one or two per week? Well, anyway, here are 2 more:

I have also received these June flowers from Geraldine in the UK, my partner for June at the "Inchy-Hexagon Flower Swap." Thanks so much. They are lovely indeed and will look wonderful in my "Friends of the World" quilt which I will also complete - "some day...."

I've started a new project. Yes, I know that I don't need to be starting new projects but don't you agree that it's so much more fun to start a new project than it is to finish any of the ones already started? I decided that I want to make a Baltimore Album Quilt and have finished two blocks. Here is the first one.

Now, I'm off to work on some of my on-going projects, maybe back to "My Jane: or my "Farmer's Wife" or my Christmas quilt or...

That is all.

 

12 comments:

Helen said...

More lovely hexies with great fussy cutting. I like your Baltimore block look forward to seeing more !!!!

Lisa C said...

I think I'm an abnormal quilter. There's nothing sweeter than taking that last binding stitch, snapping a picture, and sending it to Mom to show her. I'm just don't like "unfinished" in any form! Good luck with your projects.

Julie Fukuda said...

A Baltimore album is down the road somewhere. I have a folder of ideas I have drafted for blocks. Since I have no room for UFOs, it is a "someday project".

sunny said...

I'm impressed - a Baltimore Album quilt!! I can only dream of such loveliness. Have fun!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Golly! Look at you go! I have always loved that red tulip fabric you used on the little hexie flower....love your "fancy" cutting on that one! Is that applique on your Baltimore block? Very nice indeed!

Karen said...

It does not matter how long it takes as long as you enjoy making them. Your flowers are always wonderful to see. Love your applique block!

Needled Mom said...

Your hexies always look so beautiful. Oooh... a Baltimore Album quilt ...that will be gorgeous (and a lot of work). It will make a great take along project.

Anthea said...

I'm glad to see that i am not the only one who starts new projects before others are finished!!
The hexy's are very lovely, don't worry too much about how long it takes to come together. x

Celtic Thistle said...

It is nice to have projects tripping along in the background. You wake up one day and voila! A finished project. Loving your Baltimore Album block.

Wendy said...

such lovely hexies...I know it seems like it will take forever and a day to get enough flowers for a quilt this way...but at least our stacks of flowers are getting added to...

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

I just love starting new projects. Your block is gorgeous! I always wanted a Baltimore Album Quilt but I would need to practice appliqué first. Your hexies are beautiful like always and those little flowers will make a grand garden one day.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful little hexies Irene.
I really LOVE your new Baltimore Album block. It's gorgeous!