Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane H-7

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 1:6, NLT

We returned to rain in El Paso after spending a glorious week in the Texas Hill Country. Rain in El Paso is great news since we're located in the Chihuahuan Desert and only receive about 10 inches of rain per year. We're located along the mighty Rio Grande River and it often runs dry this time of year.

On to the topic of the day, "One-Flower Wednesday!" I sewed up two little flowers on the road trip back home.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made and to link up the flowers you've sewn.

 

"My Jane" continues in my thoughts and from time to time, I do sew up another block. Here is H-7.

H-7

I enjoyed sewing this block as it went together quickly and easily and only came out a "little bit crooked."

I also worked on my Baltimore Album block on the road trip and will show you what I finished on Friday but for now...

that is all.

 

8 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

pretty little flowers....the butterflies are sweet. I look forward to the day you finish "Your Jane".....maybe it will be a project for "Slowpoke Quilters" like your Crazy Quilt, which was so worth waiting to see!

Helen said...

Another couple of very pretty flowers for your garden. Your DJ block looks great love the colours you chose for it.

Carrie P. said...

very pretty flowers.

Joanna said...

Your butterfly flower is a charmer. Very nice.

Anthea said...

Oh I do love the butterfly hexy flower Irene, very clever fussy cut!

Carla said...

Looking good again ; )

Karen said...

Rain is good! The flowers are beautiful and always nice to see a Dear Jane.

Wendy said...

Such pretty little flowers.