Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hill Country Fall and a Little Bit of Sewing

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things He does. ~ 1 Chronicles

It's a cold,dreary day at the ranch today. According to the weather report, it should warm up into the 80s today but it's looking pretty doubtful so far. Our son is here and we're absolutely enjoying the weekend anyway.

Baby quilt completed and donated to the hospital where my sister works. As usual, my photos don't seem to do justice to the items I'm trying to show you. I should probably invest some time in a photography class. Yeah, right. Anyway, those little squares have pictures of Raggedy Ann and Andy.

Front
back
Raggedy Ann and Andy Squares

Something else completed, well started, are homespun ornaments that I want to decorate our Christmas tree with this year. Two are finished...it's going to be a boring tree so far with just two ornaments.

AND, when we finally got around to checking our mailbox in Rocksprings, I found this absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving postcard from my sister, Ida. It's made from pretty fall fabric with a gorgeous embroidered Thanksgiving design on it and sent it in time for Thankgiving. I rarely get fun mail in Rocksprings so this was PERFECT! Thanks, Ida.

That is all.

 

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your baby quilt is so cute. That is a great pattern. I love Ida's card too. She did such a great job on it and I know that you appreciate it.

If you have a very small tree, two ornaments might work. They are awfully cute anyway.

sunny said...

Your ornaments are adorable, but yeah, you might need more than two. Beautiful postcard from Ida!

Helen said...

Love your baby quilt and the pattern. Ideas card is great, she is so clever. I especially love your ornaments which I will have to copy thanks for that !!!!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love the baby quilt, which, ahem....isn't quite donated yet because I'm going to take it together with the one I'm making but, as far as you're concerned....yes it's donated...haha...your little homespun ornaments are so cute....you have always made such special ornaments and I'm glad I have some of them......also glad the postcard made it there with no problems. I know you are enjoying this trip because you will have family there with you.....have fun and I will see you soon........

Julie Fukuda said...

Somehow I seem to have missed your posts for some time. I'm glad all is well and you are enjoying family time.

Anthea said...

Hi Irene - what a great postcard, better than other sorts of mail! Ida has done a great job on it...
The baby quilt is lovely, love the style of the blocks... x

Mary said...

The baby quilt is so cute! It reached the high 80s here in Central Texas today. I'm looking forward to the predicted cool down.

Carla said...

What a darling quilt! Someone will love it.

Natitxu said...

Me encanta, y la trasera, genial!!!!

Michelle said...

Your little snowman ornament is adorable!

For the pictures, have you tried taking them in natural daylight? That helped mine a lot.