Monday, December 9, 2013

Back Home in El Paso and Enjoying Lovely Gifts

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. ~ 1 Timothy

We're back in El Paso and have been busy catching up with all that needs to be done when one has been away from home. One of those chores is going through the accumulated mail but I did have a couple of nice packages.

This pretty needlecase from my swap partner in "Sewing With Friends" is just lovely. Krista from New Mexico, the state of my birth, also filled it with some fabulous goodies like a wonderful pair of embroidery scissors and a seam ripper, something that gets a lot of use from me. There are also some beautiful golden needles, pretty pins, thread and some cute little clothespins that are just perfect for holding my fabric and template together when I sew my hexie flower petals. Oh, and she also included a package of little note pads called page flags and perfect for little reminders. Thanks, Krista, for all the lovely goodies.

I finished my homespun ornaments and hung them on the Christmas tree before remembering to take a photo. BUT, I did remember to take photos of the gorgeous ornaments that my sister, Ida, made for me and gave me when we spent the day together on Friday. We had a wonderful day shopping and then visiting over lunch. We had a fabulous day. Here are my new ornaments.

Just beautiful embroidery of things I love, things like "Peace on Earth," "Joy to the World," thread, scissors, and WINE!

That is all.

 

4 comments:

Helen said...

The gifts from Krista are lovely especially the needle case. Ida has excelled again with the beautiful ornaments. It's wonderful to hear you spent the day together doing the things you both enjoy.

Julie Fukuda said...

Gee, when I return home, all I find is dog hair. Do you think I should consider it a gift? Your sister is a keeper for sure ... and so are the ornaments.

sunny said...

Well it looks like you'll be ready for Christmas in no time. Lovely ornaments from Ida.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a lovely needle holder Krista made for you! I hope we can all get together sometime since she is the closest blogger you and I have to us (well besides each other...lol) I am so happy that you are happy with your ornaments.....I have always cherished the ones you have made for me....I should post them on a blog! yay.....I just found a new topic to blog about! Loved our visit yesterday and thanks for sharing your dinner with me!