Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Flower Wednesday in El Paso

Encouraging Words of the Day:

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." - Matthew 17:20 NLT

We're back in El Paso and, of course, I sewed hexie flowers for 6 hours. I made 12 but am only showing you these three today on "One-Flower Wednesday."

 

I've been looking for some light green fabric to surround my little 1/2 inch hexies with. I thought maybe a pale jade green but my sister suggested (insisted?) that I find a green fabric in a leaf print. I've been searching everywhere and finally found this:

There were 8 yards left on the bolt so I bought it all but only after taking the photo and sending it to Ida blogging at "My sister made me do it..." for her approval. Yes! She loves it too. (Sometime "she" makes me do stuff too.)

I found these beautiful flowers waiting in my mailbox. They're from Sandra from California, my March partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap."

I love the colors she chose. Thanks, Sandra.

Now back to sewing and puttering in my sewing room which I miss so much when I'm gone. I guess I'll cut out a bunch of hexie shapes from the green print too.

That is all.

 

9 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yes! I love that fabric.......the different shades of green and gold will look perfect surrounding your beautiful little hexies.......can't wait to see you put some of it together!

Needled Mom said...

That green will be spectacular with the hexies. Yeah Ida!! Your hexies look so pretty. Isn't it nice to be so happy to be back home and back to sewing?

Karen said...

Twelve flowers....excellent! And, a beautiful fabric to surround your garden.

Helen said...

Your hexies are so pretty and the fabric is the perfect choice to surround your flowers !!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I like all those printed leaves to go with the flowers. Can't wait to see them joined up.

suemac said...

Cute flowers. That green background fabric is very pretty.

sister outlaws said...

Love the green fabric! Your quilt will be spectacular! 12 hexies on a road trip - sounds like you need a few more road trips...

Janet said...

The leafy green is going to be spectacular! Is it for your one inch hexies or your tiny ones?

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congrats on all 12 of those little hexie flowers - the ones shown are all adorable!
The green fabric you found is very pretty for your leafy background.