Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hill Country Wildflowers and Hexie Flowers

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Well, the 2nd Tuesday of the month, the day when Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches provides a linky for us to share our hexie projects, has arrived and almost gone. I'm writing this as I sit in a hunting blind at our little Texas ranch. We're hunting feral hogs. So far, no luck. Of course, I'm looking at my iPad as I write this instead of looking out for a feral hog to wander by. But, I digress. Earlier I walked about the ranch admiring our beautiful wildflowers and thinking about Anthea's hexie link. I sewed up a couple of flowers for my partner in the "Inchy-Hexagon Flower Swap."

Here they are in front of a Prickly Pear cactus flower...

and another of them with the "Mexican Hat" wildflowers as well as a few cactus berries.

Then I saw these beautiful little yellow wildflowers, the perfect place to photograph these three little half-inch hexie flowers for my life-long project of making enough half-inchers to make a quilt some day.

Thanks, Anthea, for providing the linky. Check out Anthea's blog to see the hexie projects others have made.

That is all.

 

 

8 comments:

Carla said...

More cute hexies!

elliek said...

Very cute. The text at the top spoke very loudly to me as well. Thanks.

Jennie said...

All of the flowers (real and hexy) are beautiful!

Anthea said...

All your hexy flowers are so lovely Irene... thanks for being part of PYT!
x

did you end up getting any hogs?

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What beautiful flowers....both the hexies and the real ones....I especially like the last photo with the little half inch hexies....the brown one's flowers match the wildflowers perfectly!

Janet said...

Such pretty flowers to go with your very pretty hexies. :)

Lin said...

Lovely work and great photographs. xx

kiwikid said...

Love the hexies and how you have taken their photos out with the flowers. Good luck with the feral hogs!