Monday, October 25, 2010

Paper-piecing

While I was in Fresno, California I bought Carol Doak's book on paper-pieced quilt blocks so I'm trying to learn how to do that.  I've always had a hard time getting the pieces to match up correctly and this really makes a difference.  I do still have a problem getting the blocks to square up but I'm still practicing.  I'm going to try to post a photo of the tablecloth I made for my mother using paper-pieced blocks.  The blocks that don't line up or have the points cut off do give the tablecloth character, right?
Ok, I'm tring to figure out how to upload my tablecloth photo...

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! Don't worry about those little mistakes you see because we are always our worst critics.... and remember we always have that wonderful disclaimer, "Only God is Perfect"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than me. I haven't tried paper piecing yet. I need to give it a try sometime because there are so many cute patterns out there. As for perfection, it is highly over rated. Remember, if you can't see it galloping by on a horse, then there is no mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned from Carol...Ger her dvd on paper piecing...It is out of this world.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your topic quite interesting to read
    I hope to receive your posts via email upadate
    What is the address of your feed, I want to subscribe via email?
    Your writing can be an inspiration to me, once again thank you
    obat kuat alat bantu sex obat perangsang

    ReplyDelete