Sunday, January 10, 2016

Neighborhood Party 2016

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Today I'm excited to tell you about a little celebration. It's not something new. In fact, some of you probably remember Beth’s Neighborhood Party from previous years. Beth created the Neighborhood Party which worked like a lotto where anyone wishing to participate sewed a house block. The houses were grouped the into neighborhoods and then the random generator chose the winners. Beth whose blog is "Love Laugh Quilt" has been unable to host the neighborhood the last couple of years. I really missed the Neighborhood Party so my sister Ida who blogs at "My Sister Made Me Do It" and I have resurrected it, with Beth’s “okay” of course.

If you've missed the Neighborhood Block Party too or if this is the first time you’ve heard about it and are interested in joining us, all you need to do is construct one house block.

12 1/2" square.

Send the block to me.

I will let the random generator choose the winners.

The winners will receive 9-12 houses each...depending on how many come in.

Ida will also provide a “linky” on her blog, "My Sister Made Me Do It..."page, , where we can link up and show off our houses.  Click on the link HERE to post to the linky



If you'd like to play along,

leave a comment below.

I will email you my address so you can send your block.



There are NO firm commitments here.

If you decide later NOT to sew a little house...

That's o.k.....Life happens..... :)



Add your blog address (if you have one)

or your name on the front with a fabric pen.

That makes it fun for the winners!



Deadline for these houses is MARCH 15, 2016.

That gives you time to decide on your house pattern and get it mailed to me.



I'm excited to see all the houses that come in. Beth tells me that she will try to join the party as well!



Please include email address if you are

a no reply blogger,

if you have no blog...

or are unsure!



We’d love to hear from PAST winners and post about the finished quilts that have been constructed with blocks won at the Block Party. As a matter of fact, I was a winner in 2012 and here is my “Neighborhood Quilt.” The photography is not the greatest, but take my word for it, it is a beautiful quilt and I'm so happy with my house blocks.

If you'd like to include a SECOND house block for a charity quilt....please send it along! We’ll be constructing a/some charity quilts.



This REALLY IS the BEST neighborhood. Tell your friends.

Let's CELEBRATE together!









23 comments:

Anthea said...

Oh wow Irene, what a great idea... I can't participate but I'm sure the others will have fun making their blocks!

cory said...

Hi Irene, I would love to take part in a wonky house exchange. Is it a one time thing? My e-mail is cory.quilts@gmail.com

Sara Lynn said...

This looks like fun....

beth s said...

I love your house quilt and thank you so much for hosting the party this year! I want to send a block. ;)

Lynette said...

I would like to participate!! I will give it a try. (I liked the idea that if it doesn't work out then I don't have to send it.)

Maria said...

How wonderful your sis and you are running the Neighborhood House Swap .. I loved making my wonky house block in each swap but was never lucky enough to win....

m. said...

Ooh! I want to play. I've followed Beth's blog for a couple of years. I've not joined the neighborhood, but would love to this year. My email is andrews604@sbcglobal.net.

fatcat said...

I would love to participate and am happy to send in an extra block for charity. Why wouldn't I do that when it's so much fun to create those little houses. This is such a great idea. My email elanagoldberg5@hotmail.com

Needled Mom said...

OH yeah! So glad to see the event continue. I'll be sending mine along too.

Sue said...

Sounds like fun to me! Count me in!

Toni Macomb said...

Fun! My email address is toniamacaroni4@gmail.com

creations.1 said...

A great idea - I am in!! Email: creations.1@hotmail.com Blog:channelbankcreations.blogspot.com.au

Ruth said...

Count me in. Thank you for stepping up to keep the neighborhood going. I missed doing it when Beth was not able to do it last year.

Laura said...

I'm interested! Thanks for contacting me.

barcord said...

I am interested in joining the neighbourhood party. Please count me in.

Vesuviusmama said...

I've participated in the Block Party a few times, and I'm glad you have resurrected it. Please count me in!

Texas JennyWren said...

I am going to construct a house block for the Neighborhood Party. A few years ago I did this and it was fun to participate. Didn't win but I enjoyed seeing all the blocks everyone did. Thanks!!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

It sounds like fun, I would love to join the Neighborhood Block Party. I haven't done this before...is it suppose to be a Wonky House?

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

I would like to join the Neighborhood Block Party. What's one more block. Will be looking through my scraps for fabric.

Key Elements said...

Maybe I can join in? bestlock(at)aol.com

Ann said...

I'd like to send a couple of blocks, it's such fun seeing the variety!

ak93012 (at) aol dot com

Teagan said...

Ooh! How fun! I want in! Do they have to follow a specific pattern or doesn't it matter as long as they are 12 1/2 inches unfinished?

m. said...

Hi, Irene. I have finally finished my house block for the 2016 block party. Unfortunately, if you emailed me your address, I've lost it. If you don't mind, email me at andrews604@sbcglobal.net. Thanks! If I can figure out how to link to a picture of my block, I certainly will. Thanks so much!