Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's Still One Flower Wednesday Somewhere...

Encouraging Words of the Day:
He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. - Psalm 147:3 (NLT
"One-Flower Wednesday" finds us getting busy to drive to the Texas Hill Country. The drive is long but the good thing about it is that I get a lot of hand-sewing done. I always enjoy making hexie flowers but this sewing the green leafy hexies around some of them is boorrriiinnnng. It's all part of the process I guess. Here's what I have to show you this week:
Total is 222. The sewing the leafy part on is messing with my numbers since I used to get 3 flowers done each week.
And surprise, surprise. My Christmas Quilt will be ready in time for Christmas 2014. Here it is!
This is a quilt I started in 2013 with Bea's Sampler Quilt-Along found at BeaQuilter. Thanks Bea, for some wonderful blocks.

Now, the question is: Should I now quilt my "Good-Night, Irene" quilt or start a new project? Hmmmmm, guess I'll take a rest from quilting and work on something new :)

That is all.


11 comments:

Becky G said...

Its been so very long since I've checked in on One Flower Wednesday. Glad you are still here! Your hexi's are so cute. And you have 222!!! ah, the proof that constancy really adds up.

I haven't been doing any hand sewing since my Mom died back in March 2012. I stitched while I sat with her in her last days, and just haven't returned to it. I remember you helped me during that time and I still am grateful. Take care!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You are just moving right along with your little hexies.......I'm glad you are making them with the green border even though they take longer.......you will be glad later I think........Is it my monitor? I can't see the beautiful leaves on the Christmas Quilt border.........

Carla said...

Have you started sewing them together yet?

suemac said...

I see you are really keeping up on your flowers. I would love to see your "Goodnight Irene" finished.

Karen said...

Boring but beautiful! Love the Christmas quilt!

Needled Mom said...

Well....let's see....there are 7 hexies total in the flowers and 12 greens???? No wonder it takes longer! They look great though.

Yeah on the quilting! How exciting to have it finished for this year's Christmas. It looks great too.

A Nudge said...

Both projects are lovely - congrats on your Christmas quilt.

Helen said...

More gorgeous flowers, wow 222 flowers that's amazing. Very cute Christmas quilt !'nm

Janet said...

Putting those second rounds on is a bit tedious, but hey!! You are on your way to putting it together!! Those tiny hexies are going to be so cute.

Mary said...

Your flowers are looking great and I love the Christmas quilt. Enjoy your time in the Hill Country!

Quilting Momma said...

222! Wow! I don't dare count mine! It will only depress me! ha ha! I will just keep on sewing with my hexie friends!