Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hexagons is the Name of the Game

Encouraging Words of the Day:


This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

 

Since I've joined "The New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt-Along," I've been busy trying to get the first rosette done. It took forever to do the prep work but I've now started sewing them together. Here's a photo. I've made the large hexagons, now to sew them together. I'm not sure if I like the outer hexies in red. They don't seem to go with the rest of them and, as my friend Janet pointed out, good thing I haven't sewn them together since one of the red ones is backwards. Here's the photo:

I continue to sew the little 1/2-inchers. Here are 3 more, total done is now 241.

And here is a photo of two hexie flowers that are already flying to the UK for my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." Helen asked for purple or blue petals with white or cream centers.

That is all.

 

 

10 comments:

Janet said...

I like your colour choices even more today. The red is a nice pop.

suemac said...

I too have started the new hexagon qal. Have cut the center but I was out of town last week so I did not get much accomplished.

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are so detailed! They look amazing. I like the red in there. Your flowers look wonderful too....lots of hand sewing this week!

Helen said...

Love your fabrics they all look beautiful!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You always amaze me with all the difficult patterns you do.......I love the center of this rosette and your little mini hexies are always so pretty...........but the purple swap hexie with the fussy cutting is awesome!

Anthea said...

Hi Irene
wow, so much EPP!
I actually quite like the red - perhaps you will be happier to keep it, when you've planned the fabrics that will be placed near them?
Ida's right - that fussy-cut purple is amazing!

Susan In Texas said...

Pretty hexies! Now get busy with your Dear Jane. lol

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Pamela said...

Amazing patterns and fabrics - wow!

Lin said...

Lovely work. Your large hexies look like a bunch of flowers and I like the red bits! xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great fussy cutting and loving that purple!