Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hexies, hexies...

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)






Almost two weeks ago I said I was going to get back to blogging and then I took off on a mini-vacation with friends. We spent a week in Gulfport, Mississippi just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I didn't even take my hand-sewing. But, now I'm back and I've been enjoying the day in my sewing room. You know how I enjoy sewing hexies so now I've joined "The New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt-Along" and it's taken me all day to do the prep work.This is a sample of what it could look like:

It all sounds pretty interesting and I've already started late since most of the participants are already sewing their second rosette and I've just spent most of the day cutting templates and fabric for the first rosette (shown in pink in the photo). Here's what I have so far:
Besides that, I've sewn a bunch of these little flowers made of 1/2 inch hexies. Here are a few of them.






I now have a total of 238 flowers that I've photographed and shown to you.



 



That is all.

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

9 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Wow! LOVE that colour scheme! Those greens, greys and blues - actually looks quite Australian. And the pattern. Like a kaleidoscope! Spectacular.

Needled Mom said...

I have loved seeing the rosettes around blogland and am so glad to see you joining in on the fun. Yours looks terrific and the flowers are stunning as well.

So glad you are back, Irene. I hope the Gulport trip relaxed you.

sunny said...

You've been busy with lots of fiddly little stitching! Glad to see you back, and for getting your little sis to come back, too.

Susan In Texas said...

Really beautiful hexies! I would say you have the hexie bug bad to do so many. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Janet said...

Oh Irene! You are tempting me with those Millefiore hexies! Now I am going to have to go and sign up and I'm going to be further behind than you are... They are beautiful. 238 mini hexies is a lot! Have you started to put them together yet?

Astrid said...

WOW! Those hexies are gorgeous! Love them all! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation with friends in Gulfport and that you are back in blogland. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Teresa in Music City said...

Don't feel bad - I'm still sewing up my blocks for rosette #1 too. This is such a beautiful project, and I'm enjoying every stitch. It has been so much fun to watch all the different colors and designs take shape with everyone else's blocks too. I know yours is going to be gorgeous!!!

Anthea said...

It's a good start Irene... just make sure to enjoy the process of it all, don't worry so much about keeping up with everyone else...
(ps: I bought the e-book!)

suemac said...

I only have the center of rosette 1 done. I will catch up eventually..