Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Back in the Game.

Encouraging Words of the Day:

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. - Psalm 62:2 (NLT)

Thank you, my friends, for all your prayers and words of support. They have certainly been a comfort.

I've gotten back into my sewing room and that is a comfort as well. I dug out my "Farmer's Wife" blocks, something that is definitely a UFO. I thought I had completed 7 blocks and was pleasantly surprised to find that there were 15 completed blocks so I completed 2 more. Here's what I have so far. There are 53 blocks to the quilt so I have 36 more to sew.

I've been sewing as we've traveled about and completed these blocks for my partner in the "Inchy-Hexagon Flower Swap." She requested red petals with a white center.

Also completed are several of my 1/2 inch hexies which I'll show you in my next post. Yes, I plan to get backto blogging. In the meantime, I'm off to change my blog photo to something more current than the month of July.
That is all.

 

 

4 comments:

suemac said...

You have inspired me to get back to my Farmer's Wife blocks. I think I have 26 done. That was one of my New Year's resolutions. This will be my 2nd Farmer's Wife quilt. I gave the first one to my sister.

Needled Mom said...

Each year I say I am going to start a Farmers Wife quilt. Isn't it fun to find that you are further along than you thought?

I always love your hexies. I'm so glad to see you back blogging again. You need to get Ida back too. ­čśä

Anthea said...

Lovely to see you on your blog again... I hope your sewing will bring some smiles & consolation...
x

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You always amaze me with all the different quilts to attempt and conquer! It is good to see you back to posting and yes, Mary I am going to try to come back, as well.