Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hexies With Anthea

Encouraging Words of the Day:

 

Hello All! I'm trying to make the Linky Party at Anthea's "Piece Yourself Together." I didn't get to the linky on time the last time. It seems like Australia is a day ahead of Texas....

So saying, here are some of my usual 1/2-inch hexie flowers, my lifetime project:


I also found an interesting project at the "sewcanshe" blog.

I actually made 6 potholders but my sister, Ida, dropped by and I gave her one. The edges look kind of crooked in the photo but they are a product of the photographer, not the seamstress. These were a fast project and actually worked best when I followed the instructions. I sewed a binding on the blue one and that was somewhat tedious. Then I decided to read the instructions and see how the tutorial said to do it. What was done in the tutorial was sewing around the lining and front all around the edges, leaving an opening for turning etc and then quilting. Much easier.

Now I'm off to see if I make the linky this time so...

that is all.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Pamela said...

The tiny ones are so cute! I need to try working with them.

Needled Mom said...

Those potholders are fabulous. I think I need a few around here.

Julie Fukuda said...

Yeah, when all else fails, read the instructions. It looks great to me.

elliek said...

Love the potholders. When all else read the instructions... not something I do either.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Well I have seen your "lifelong" projects get finished so I know the mini hexie project will get there too........I love my potholder and even though all the other ones are nice, mine is the prettiest......thanks!