Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fires and Hexie Flowers

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The above words are quite true for us. There was a big fire in the area around our ranch a week ago.
We weren't there but our neighbors were. They kept us up-to-date on the fire. It came within a mile of their ranch and they're about a mile from us. In total, 16,000 acres were burned, including 4 structures which "they" said were not permanent homes. That still doesn't sound good since our ranch house is not our permanent home either. Please add the people who lost property to your prayers. The fire is now out and no longer a danger.

 

On to happier topics, here are a few hexie flowers I sewed on our trip to the ranch. (We're here now and all is well on our property.)

I'm linking up to Anthea's "Piece Yourself Together." Check this out to see what others are doing with their hexies.

That is all.

 

 

11 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Prayers of thanks that your home was spared and that there was no loss of life in this fire caused by carelessness. And also prayers of thanks that the fire is out. Your flowers are always so pretty and uplifting. Ok now come home.

Mary said...

Fires are so scary this time of year. I'm glad your neighbors were keeping an eye out for you.

Carla said...

Thank the Lord it's out! I can't even imagine. Glad you are safe

elliek said...

love the hexies.The blue one is very interesting.

Pamela said...

Glad the fire danger is over. Great hexies!

Needled Mom said...

Those fires are always so frightening. I am so glad that everyone is safe. The firefighters do such an amazing job.

Your hexies are just so darn pretty.

Julie Fukuda said...

My son has been fighting fires in Washington state all summer. He posted some very scary pictures. I'm glad your ranch was safe. How thoughtful of your neighbors to keep you posted. I'm glad they are safe too. Keep those hexies rolling in!

Lin said...

How scary! Lots of prayers for all. Lovely hexies. xx

Anthea said...

Thank You Irene for linking up your hexy flowers - they're gorgeous as always!

As for your words of encouragement at the top of the post, I am a total believer in that Verse, however I've been having words with Him lately, after four weeks of me being sick, I'm really starting to get tired of it!!

Lara B. said...

How frightening for everyone near the wildfire. Irene that photo contrasts so sharply with your beautiful bible verse. Thank you for sharing those words!
Your hexies are so darling!

Ranch Wife said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the fire scare, Irene, but happy to hear that no lives were lost and that your home was spared. Time for another good dose of rain.