Sunday, September 4, 2016

Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 2016




Yes! Time for the "Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 2016" and I'm ready. I had such a good time looking at everyone's pincushions last year so can hardly wait to get started on this year's.



But first, here are the "Encouraging Words of the Day:"

Now, here are my entries for the Parade:


I again made a round pincushion that's made up of hexagons AND pentagons. I had to actually get my son's old soccer ball (AGAIN) and use it as a guide to sew these together correctly and make the round shape. Here is this year's pincushion pictured with the one I made last year.
Then I ran into a really interesting pincushion and decided to sew that together. BUT, since I've been sewing for a long time, I don't need to follow the directions, right? So saying, I ended up with a "pin pillow" rather than a pincushion. Then, I made everything smaller and came up with a size more worthy of being called a pincushion. Here are both of them. They both have a little pocket in front for scissors or thread or hexies or whatever:
The next pincushion was made my my nephew when he was about 12 years old and wanted to learn to sew. He sewed it up by hand and was quite proud to present me with it. Sadly, he died almost 2 years ago but I always think fondly of him when I see this little pincushion, well, I always think fondly of him but anyway, we had fun the day he sewed this together. He loved the fuzzy animal print.


My grandson gave me the stuffed Angry Bird when we were both into playing the game on our iPhones. Perfect for a pincushion! The Angry Bird is probably angry because I stuck all those pins in him.


I've been putting together some sewing kits for friends and sewed up these little pincushions to add to the kits.

Lastly is this little bitty pincushion that I made for my "take-along" sewing kit. I use this a lot when I travel. It beats putting the needle in the car seat or on my pants leg. I'm so glad I made it because I use it all the time. Well, I made two. They're really small since the bottom is a lid from a 2-liter soda bottle.

This last photo shows my pincushions in the "Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 2016."

That is all.

 

 

24 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! These are all so wonderful! I love them all!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a worthy entry for the parade♥️ I love all your pin cushions.....now don't forget to stay up until midnight tonight so you can be one of the first to link-up! (Grin)

Needled Mom said...

Those are great, Irene. I always love seeing your hexie ones. Those are so complicated looking.

sunny said...

What a lovely parade! I just love those itty-bitties!

Fiona said...

I love your pincushions.... such a wonderful assortment...
Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

I have a little thimble fastened to a ring and made into a pin cushion (great for travel) and one that velcros to my wrist. Most of mine are over-used and looking rather shabby but I have a few pretty ones I just can't stick pins in. Go figure!

Lynette said...

Wow!! You were busy! Those little hexies are amazing! So tiny. Great bunch of cushions. . I will be on the lookout for them from now on.

Missy Shay said...

I love your pin cushions!

Janet said...

What a great line-up - and I love the photo of them lined up in a row. Those little flowers that you made from soda bottle caps are amazing! I made one of those pin cushions once but it was really big and that was difficult to do! And you have to cherish the zebra print one forever.

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous array of pretty pincushions, difficult to choose a favourite. Just love the angry bird and the hexies, beautiful work.

Jo said...

You have some lovely pin cushions to show. Great ideas...

Susan said...

Lovely memories for your pincushions. Those tiny ones are so cute - and so much better than sticking your needle in your pants leg!

Maria said...

Great collection but my favorite is the Angery Bird...LOL

Ariane said...

Your pincushions are super cute.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great collection! I love they all have their own story too x

Pamela said...

Very nice! A great collection.

Amy DeCesare said...

So nice to see your parade of pincushions. I love that each has a story or some special meaning!

LA Paylor said...

Better be careful letting them congregate... they might get up to mischief! Pins everywhere!
Or they could be singing in a pin choir
Queued up for movie tickets
waiting for their turn to hold something

leeAnna at not afraid of color

Raewyn said...

A fun bunch of pincushions!! The two newest ones look right at home with the others - and sounds like you had an interesting time making them too!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Angry Bird is certainly not happy about getting stuck...so cute.

Natitxu said...

Unos trabajos monísimos!!!! Me gustan todos. jeje
Besitos

Paula said...

All your picushions are so pretty. I like your round ones made from hexagons, so cute.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Irene,
My first visit here! You have such a great blog name!
What a fantastic collection of pincushions! Especially love your photo line-up .... so cute! Your hexie pincushions look very tricky stitching to me ... well done, they are amazing! My "hard to photograph" pincushion is a "bottle top" flower too!
Thank you for your comment on my blog!
Nice to meet you!
Barbara x
http://theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/the-perfectly-pleasing-pincushion-parade.html

Christine M said...

You have a lovely collection of pin cushions, Irene.