Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Upcoming Pincushion Parade AND Prizes.

Encouraging Words of the Day:



It's been a while since I've blogged. You know. As everyone says, life happens but I know life happens to us all and some of you keep blogging. Anyway, here I am...

I have been sewing all along. I've been working on this GFG made up of 1/2-inch hexies and have sewn 200 together although the project is only about 46 X 50 inches.



I also continue to sew hexie flowers for swap partners in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." These are the flowers I sent to my August swap partner who asked for flowers from Civil War fabric with a cream center.



Also completed this quilt top in the "Aiming for Accuracy" quilt-along. I still need to quilt it.

AND, I also want to tell you about an exciting upcoming event. My sister who blogs at "my sister made me do it" is hosting her annual "Pincushion Parade" starting on September 5. It gives us all an opportunity to show off our pincushions PLUS win exciting prizes. Everyone wins something! How exciting is that? Click on the Pincushion photo below to learn more.

That is all.





7 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! I really like the flower garden! That looks so neat. Can't wait to start the pincushion parade!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Well you might not have been black going but you have definitely been doing some sewing! Your little mini hexie flower garden is growing by the day and your beautiful patriotic aiming for accuracy quilt is gorgeous! Thanks so much for spreading the word about the pin cushion parade... Yes we have lots more prizes this year!

Needled Mom said...

Those hexies are just amazing. They are so tiny!!!! Love your Aiming for Accuracy top too. How will you quilt it?

Looking forward to the Pincushion Parade.

sunny said...

HOw nice to see you, Irene! I certainly don't blog as much as I used to, but try for twice a month. I'd rather be sewing! I do read blogs, though. Your little wee hexies are beautiful. I've made some for a couple of small projects, but I don't think I'd tackle a quilt like yours. Hope all is well!

Fiona said...

I do admire hexagon makers.. what a lot of work and your A for A quilt is stunning... I did one of her first ones and I learnt so much during it....

Welcome back to blogland...x

Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

I was just thinking of you today ... that I hadn't seen a post in a long time. I love that new top ... everything about it from the colors to the arrangement. And hexies ... something that tiny is not going to grow very fast. Keep on gardening and you will get there.
And pincushions ... I just glanced at mine and they look as though they had been through a very big storm!

Helen said...

Love your hexies ,so small they look gorgeous, looking forward to seeing some wonderful pincushion :)