Sunday, January 8, 2017

What? Texas is supposed to have mild winters.

Encouraging Words of the Day:
It is SO cold. Texas is supposed to have mild winters, especially West Texas or South Texas, for crying out loud! Anyway, I've joined a quilt-along I ran into at Alida's blog, called "Growing Up Quillt-Along 2017."  Each block willl teach a different technique.  Click here to learn more. Sounds like exactly what I need.  The first block is raw-edge appliqué and here's mine.  
This was fun to make and not as difficult as it looks. It makes me wonder if maybe I did something wrong.  I'm off to Alida's linky. You can click the link to see what others have done with their first block.
 
That is all.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great block! Sounds like winter is hitting the US hard.

AlidaP said...

It is cooold indeed! But that's why we make quilts ;) Your block is beautiful, and I don't think you did anything wrong, is really easier than it looks!! Thanks for joining the QAL and for linking up your block!

Maria said...

An interesting block. Looks great.

Needled Mom said...

I saw parts of Texas with unusual snow. The storms we are getting here seem to be heading your way with furry.

That sounds like a great teaching QAL. Your piece looks perfect.

Sharmayne said...

Nice idea! Blogland certainly has lots of interesting things to do

Helen said...

what a lovely way to work on different techniques, love your first block.