Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane J-5 and M-6


Encouraging words of the day:
People may be right in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their heart.  ~ Proverbs 21:2, NLT
People can find an excuse for doing almost anything, but God looks behind the excuses to the motives of the heart.  We often have to make choices in areas where the right action is difficult to discern. We can help ourselves make such decisions by trying to identify our motives first and then asking, "Would God be pleased with my real reasons for doing this?" God is not pleased when we do good deeds only to receive something in return. 
Once again, it’s One Flower Wednesday when Karen (over at Journey of a Quilter) provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers.  If you would like to see more flowers out there in Blogland, just click HERE.  The flowers I’m posting this week are flowers I made for my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap."  Talk about “killing two birds with one stone.…”


Here are two more of “My Jane” blocks completed.  J-5 was ok.  It was actually tedious sewing those little appliqué shapes in the corners just because they are so small.
J-5

M-6 was hard because I sewed it all by hand on our road trip.  It’s difficult for me to sew straight for some reason so I ended up with “ripply-looking” strips on the sides.  I guess I need more practice but I will stick to my sewing machine unless I’m traveling.  The only thing, I think I’ve completed most of the appliqué blocks already and all I have left are the paper-pieced to sew on the machine.  Maybe some of the triangles on the sides are appliqué.  I’ll need to check.  Here’s M-6.
M-6

That’s all I’ve done lately.  I’ve actually been doing a little, very little, spring cleaning.  I decided that I’ve done all I’m going to do so I’m back to sewing.

Giveaways:
"Lisnaweary quilts" is giving away 4 fat quarters and a copy of the latest issue of Sewing World Magazine. - ends April 30th.

That is all.

13 comments:

  1. I think the applique will be my hardest ones. Yours look wonderful and the ripples do not show.

    Nice hexie flowers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Hexies and I know you have been busy supervising the removal of your sage bushes so you had to post a little late today........(grin).........you are coming along great with My Jane.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies always make my day - my Thursday (in Australia it's Thursday when I see them. I really love that J5 pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hexies. Your DJ will be amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute hexies! Your DJ's are so adorable. How may do you have now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, nice, nice! LOVE DJ J-5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How big are those DJ blocks in the end? Four inches? I have looked ar books with those blocks and didn't realize so many had applique parts.
    That is quite an undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty hexies, your DJ blocks are wonderful (like always)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty little hexi flowers! Love how you are fussy cutting your fabrics for them.

    Your Jane blocks look very sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your DJ blocks are beautiful. I especially like the way J5 turned out. The fabric and workmanship are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hexies and Dear Jane are wonderful.How many blocks have you done?I only done 25 DJ and my goal is 100 blocks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me gusta mucho tu bloque DJ. Ven a ver los mios, algún dia. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice hexagons and also very nice DJ blocks

    ReplyDelete