Monday, April 30, 2012

Cheers and My Jane M-7 and M-13

Encouraging words of the day:
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. ~ Psalm 106:1, NLT

Here are the last two of “My Jane” blocks completed on our last road trip. They are both all appliqué and were not hard, although both are time-consuming. 
M-7

 M-13

The “Novelty and Solids Layer Cake Swap” that my sister and I coordinated is over.  We had a wonderful turn-out, all 24 slots were filled and packages of layer cakes have been mailed to all participants.  Check this photo out to see a representation of all the wonderful fabrics in the swap.

Thanks to all who participated and since everything went so well we may just decide to try it again sometime.

What else is going on?  Well, not a whole lot of sewing this weekend since I spent most of the time at a local wine fest…cheers!


That is all.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the Layer Cake swap. It was a lot of fun and I received some wonderful squares in return.
    Love your newest blocks. It looks like you had a great time at the local wine fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love to sew or quilt....the wine festival looks like more fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks look great and they are adding up. A little wine might be fun. Kampai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful Jane blocks!
    The wine festival looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers! You look great in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jane blocks! I LOVE the first one as well! Lot of work, but SO well worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two blocks are spectacular. I have not attempted either of them yet and I'm encouraged to hear you didn't find them difficult.

    ReplyDelete