Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Making Venison Jerky on One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane J-9

Encouraging Words of the Day:

"Pray without ceasing." ~Thess. 5:17

I know we're all busy this time of year but repeatedly, throughout the day, we can turn quickly to God to praise and thank Him, and to ask for His help. God is interested in everything we do, and nothing is too great or too insignificant to share with Him.




It's "One-Flower Wednesday" once again. Wednesday is more than half-way gone here but I did have my flowers done, just haven't had a chance to post them. Hubby and I have been making venison jerky all morning, then off to run a few errands, a hurried lunch, and back home again so here I am, finally posting my 1/2-inch flowers.


I've also managed to get a block made for My Jane. J-9 was paper-pieced and then the little, and I mean little, melons were appliqued onto the block. Those little melons are about 1/2 inch long and were hard to do. I used the needle-turn applique and finally got them on.

I'm off to check the jerky, wrap some gifts, and my sister suggests I use the exercise bike she gave me. I put it up in the living room, in front of the tv so I could use it easily. I've gotten so used to not using it that I don't even see it any more. I think I'll go check the jerky.

That is all.



11 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Those little hexie flowers are all so darling! Congrats on completing your J-9 block. It's really beautiful!

Homemade Jerky? Boy does that sound delicious!

Julie Fukuda said...

Congrats on all those tiny finishes. They look a lot harder to do than full sized ones! And the bike??? Figure out how to power the TV by pedaling and you will have it made!

Carla said...

My son makes deer sausage and jerky. so good! Your hexagons are perfect!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love your hexies and I love the lace background you used to photograph them! I bought some corn husks and chili and meat today to see if I can somehow muster up the energy to make some tamales for Christmas this year.....I know the jerky will be wonderful.......and the darn exercise bike....it makes a nice clothes rack.......

Karen said...

So very cute are your little flowers! And, yes the melons are tiny!!! Well done Irene!

Maria said...

You are very busy Irene..
Love your flowers.
Hmm I wouldn't see that bike either..LOL

Needled Mom said...

Your flowers are so pretty this week and the DJ looks wonderful. Those little leaves are so tiny.

I think checking the jerky sounds more interesting too.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your pretty little flowers and J9 block. I too have a bike by a TV and it's holding a coat, fabric, siggy blocks, a couple Christmas presents.....it would take longer to clean off the bike than ride it!....maybe tomorrow.

Celtic Thistle said...

Your hexie flowers are lovely, and those melons sure are tiny!

hafza said...

I love all your hexie flowers... yellow always my favorite color,and the duck is so cute!

Janet said...

Venison jerky sounds delicious! Love your cute little hexies.