Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thrift Shop Haul and One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:


"And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!' ~ Matthew 25:40, NLT




We are in New Mexico for a few days visiting my parents. Mama and I "shopped til we dropped" today. We got some Christmas shopping done and then I had to go to the AT & T store to have my contacts and "stuff" transferred from my old iPhone to my new Samsung Galaxy S3. They told me it would take about 30 minutes so Mama and I decided to step into a nearby Thrift Store while we waited. Well, that was a great decision. We found a bin full of fabric and had a wonderful time looking through it!

Great day. We got all that fabric for $5.00.




Today is also "One-Flower Wednesday" when Karen at "Journey of a Quilter" provides a linky for us to show off our flowers each week. I sewed up two flowers for my December swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap" so that was cool. She asked for pastels with a white center. Both centers are white although one does look yellowish.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Oh don't the hexies look gorgeous on the tree! Great haul from the thrift shop too!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Pretty flowers and I can't wait to see the thrift shop goodies you found for us....ummmm, I mean that you and Mama found........I love that you spent some fun time together.....:)

Julie Fukuda said...

I know how that fabric just jumped out and grabbed you. Making those micro-hexies, it will last quite a while.

Karen said...

Excellent thrift store find Irene! And, a wonderful photo of your flowers. LOVE the yellow one!

Carla said...

I love poking around in thrift shops! Quite a load you got.

Celtic Thistle said...

Don't you just love a bargain Irene! Your hexies look lovely on the tree too.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....that's quite a deal on the fabrics. It sounds like it was fun too.

Love seeing your flowers in the Christmas tree. They look wonderful.

Janet said...

My local thrift shop never has fabric and if it occasionally does it is usually expensive. Lovely haul you got!

Mary said...

I love dropping in on thrift stores. You did good!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty hexies! What a great find at the Thrift Store.

ANudge said...

Great find, Irene. I hope to stash enhance in the coming year from yard sales. Your hexies look just right on the tree. Thanks for sharing.