Thursday, September 5, 2013

Nothing But UFOs in 2013

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. ~ Psalm 84:11a, NLT

 

I've got 3 finished UFOs to show in Carrie's "Nothing but UFOs in 2013" group.

First of all, the ugly maroon quilt is finished. My sister assures me that it's pretty. I think I just got tired of the "sameness" of the colors. Here it is in all it's glory:

Then I'll have a little wall hanging for Christmas. This has been two years in the making and ended up with an acceptable (to me) flaw. It signifies the 12 Days of Christmas with the first block being composed of 1 piece, the 2nd block is made up of 2 pieces, the 3rd of 3 pieces and so forth. Somehow, in my "hurry up and get it done" manner, I managed to sew the last row which should be blocks 10, 11, and 12 backwards. They will forevermore in this wall hanging be blocks 12, 11, and 10. Well, block #11 ended up in the right place.... Here is is:

And my third UFO was the Flower Ball. My friends in the "Get Your Hex On" Quilting Bee helped me finish it by making the various flowers. Then I finished putting it together and quilted it by stippling.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

Mindful quilter said...

Very pretty, I love your lower ball quilt that is stunning

Celtic Thistle said...

That quilt is not ugly at all Irene. Great finishes.

Mary said...

Great finishes, Irene. I LOVE that hexie ball. The dimension is so wonderful. The Christmas one is so interesting using the different numbers of pieces too. I agree with your sister that the first quilt looks nice. I think we do tire of working with just two colors when we do quilts like that. You'll be happy with it finished.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

great finishes.........yes the maroon quilt is beautiful....and I love the 12 days of Christmas wall hanging.......mistake or no........the hexie ball will probably be hung up and displayed when I drop by for coffee on Sunday morning?

sunny said...

For some reason, I can't see the maroon quilt, but the Hexie ball is amazing!!

Helen said...

Great finishes especially the hexie ball very eye catching !!

Julie Fukuda said...

Every finish is a good finish ... my rule and I'm sticking to it!

DeAnna S. said...

All are so nice...and a finish. I love the hexie ball. Great job on them all.

Carrie P. said...

Well, you had a very productive month. Well done.

suemac said...

It is nice to see your flower ball finished. I love seeing projects come together in our little Get Your Hex On circle of friends.

Kat said...

I love, love, love that hexie flower ball. I've never seen anything like it and I want one!! :-)