Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One Flower Wednesday in the Texas Hill Country

Encouraging Words of the Day:

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. ~ Ephesians 2:8, NLT

I've been reading a few blogs posts lately about bloggers in a funk; not much sewing and not much blogging. I can say that I can definitely relate. I've been feeling the same way. I've managed to post once a week on "One-Flower Wednesday." Karen provides a linky for those interested in posting the flowers they make and she does keep us on-task. In my case, she also keeps me posting once a week. That's the only sewing I've been doing. We're at our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country and I sewed hexie flowers on the 7-hour road trip here. We live 12 miles outsite of town so I also sew on the ride to town and back so I've made several 1/2-inch hexies. I've made 15 flowers but consider that I've had to do all the prep work and then sew them into flowers. I say that like no one else has to do that so nevermind. Now I have 143.


I have to save the rest of them for other "One-Flower Wednesdays" in case my sewing really slows down. Here are 3 of them.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

I'm going to try to get my mojo back by sewing a little baby quilt while at the ranch. This will be donated to Linus at the hospital where my sister works.

That is all.

 

8 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

hahaha....for a second there I thought I was going to get you some cheese for your "whine"...lol....but you caught yourself....yes, yes....you know that since I'm your Sis I can tease you and get away with it.....after all you have been letting me get away with it for 60+ years now.....seriously you really got a lot done there! WTG....now come home. I miss you.

Helen said...

They are lovely, I can't wait to see them all together in your garden, it is going to look stunning.!!!!!!!'

Needled Mom said...

You're so good at keeping up with your OFW. Enjoy your stay.

Trillian said...

Wow, 143 flowers is quit a lot. I don't have the half of yours. You have been very busy.

Sharmayne said...

Looks like you have really been able to get going on the Hexies & the flowers this week!!! Good on you, they look great!
Hugs sharm

Michelle said...

Sometimes I think I jinx myself by holding projects back so I'll have something to show next week. I know that I don't have to find time to finish a project, so I do other things instead.

Karen said...

LOL, like you are the only one that has to do that. My giggle for the day, thank you!

Kelli said...

Yummy hexies!!! :)