Wednesday, November 13, 2013

One Flower Wednesday from a Slacker in Texas

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. ~ Philippians 4:6, NLT

I've been on a 2-month hiatus. I mentioned on the last blog post I made on September 18, that I was in a bit of a blogger's funk. Well, yes indeed, I just dropped out of the blogging world; no posting and no reading blogs. I have not been ill or anything like that. Nothing was wrong with me except that I just couldn't find the time to write up a blog post. I felt guilty reading all the posts of those of you who were managing to get this done so I dropped out until I got my mojo back. I found that I wasn't sewing much either without reading the ideas of my blogging friends and I missed your input. We've just left California after spending 2 weeks there with our daughter and family. Now we're off to our Texas Hill Country ranch to hunt for a couple of weeks before returing to El Paso to get full-swing into our Christmas preparations.

That said, I'm posting on "One-Flower Wednesday" which has long been a favorite of mine. Karen provides a linky for those interested in posting the flowers they make and I was pretty faithful in sewing my little hexis although I didn't post them. Here are six of them.

This first set of orange flowers came out a little blurry in the photo and a lot ugly in that navy blue with circles. I don't know why that looks so awful in the photo. It doesn't look that bad in "real life."

I think this next set of three looks pretty good. I really like that precious little white chicken in the blue hexie flower.

There were two hexie flowers and several hexie templates waiting for me in my mailbox when I got back from California Just look at the beautiful colors in the flowers sent to me from my September swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap. Shannon, they are gorgeous and I thank you.

Now, I'm off to pack for the ranch. I'm taking my Christmas fabric to finish up a little Christmas quilt I've been working on and hoping to finish before Christmas so I can display it for a while.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Oh I gasped when I saw your post! Irene is back! Yay! Everything feels right with the world now. Welcome back I missed you!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Your little flowers are always so sweet.........and you can whip up some more on your way to the ranch. Did you decide if you're taking your embroidery machine? I will miss you....can't wait til you're back home!

Mary said...

Glad you are back...both online and in the Hill Country! Good luck hunting.

Helen said...

Great to have you back I've missed your hexies and posts. Your mix of hexies looks terrific. That photo business has happened to me also know idea why !!!!

Sharmayne said...

Lovely little hexies & I think the navy one looks just fine! Thanks too for coming to visit my blog! Have fun with your hunting.

Shannon said...

I love all of your tiny hexies!! They are always so cute!! I am glad you like the ones I have sent!!

Celtic Thistle said...

Glad to have you back Irene, I missed you and your tiny heroes. Have a great trip.

Needled Mom said...

You were missed, but I knew you were fine! Your hexies always look so fabulous. I'm glad to see you keeping up with them.

Enjoy your time before the full mode preparation into Christmas season.

Karen said...

Welcome back, how nice your first post was hexie flowers!

Natitxu said...

Estas flores cada vez son más bonitas.
Besos

Janet said...

A passel of lovely flowers!!