Wednesday, November 27, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Happy Thanksgiving

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. ~ Ephesians 3:20, NLT

Happy Thanksgiving. I again show you the photo of the beautiful card I received from my sister Ida and wish all the best for you and your family. Along with all that I'm thankful for my friends and family, I've included all of my blogging friends. I'm so thankful that I've found you in cyberspace.

Hello "One-Flower Wednesday!" It's good to be here when it's actually Wednesday. I have three little flowers to show you and yes, one is a "make-do." One of the perils of sewing as you travel is losing one of the petals. I was working on this flower as we drove to San Antonio (a 2 1/2 hour trips for us) to pick up our grandson. I looked everewhere for my petal to no avail. So, looking in my little bag of left-over and extra petals, I found one that looked close and my "make-do" was born. Can you find it? (Sounds like a Sesame Street song.)

I've also finished a block for the November Bee Queen in the "Get Your Hex On" sewing bee. Celine requested a snowflake in Christmas fabric. It was fun block to sew composed of hexies.

And, here are two hexies for my partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." Krystyna requested red and/or black petals with a while center. These will soon be on their way to Middlesex, England.

That is all.

 

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wow!!! You have been busy with all of those hexies. I like the make do piece!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

That is all? My goodness you were Hexie Queen this week! You know how I love your "make-do" flowers.....I would love to see you make a "Make-do" garden quilt with them someday......thanks for posting the card I made for you again....garsh...it twarnt nuthin.......

Helen said...

Great make do hexie ! All the hexies look fabulous I especially love the red !!!!!!

Helen said...

Oh I forgot the snowflake it looks great :-)

Julie Fukuda said...

What? You are out sewing hexies instead of cooking all week!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Maria said...

Wow wonderful hexies and the snowflake is gorgeous..
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Nina John said...

Terrific quality publish. I adore simply how much inforamtion one can have from your world wide web. And with regards to producing money and running a blog, you have some good content on right here. Cool Tattoos Information...

Best Cardsharing Server

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Always love the 'make-do' flower and the snowflake...beautiful!