Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On the way to Texas Hill Country on One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. ~ Psalm 143:10, NLT

It's "One-Flower Wednesday" and we're on our way to the Texas Hill Country. We spent a week in El Paso, well almost a week. We spent a lovely weekend in New Mexico visiting my parents, brother, and sister. I made three hexie flowers on the trip to New Mexico. Here's a little 1/2-inch flower. I know have 128.

Then I made these two flowers for my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." She requested flowers made of red, taupe, and/or brown Civil War fabric with cream centers. Here they are:

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

Short post today since we're getting ready to leave on this 7-hour road trip. I'll make some more hexie flowers.

That is all.

 

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute hexies! I've only finished one this week for Hexie Friday and just two more days....grin.

sunny said...

Very nice! Isn't it fun to have something to work on in the car? Safe journey.....

Helen said...

Love you hexie as usual and your swap partners are gorgeous !!!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

This is so embarrassing.....you manage to get a post done with all your traveling back and forth and I am still trying to get it together....I enjoyed the time while you were home and look forward to you coming back! Have a wonderful time in RS....I love you!

Anthea said...

Hi Irene, I love your flowers this week... I hope you have a lovely time away and that you get lots of hexy's done while on the road!

Raewyn said...

All your hexies are lovely - the small one is so cute - I imagine a quilt of that size will be gorgeous! Happy travelling!!

Maria said...

Nice flowers you have stitched in the car.. they are such great things to take on our travels...

Karen said...

Sweet, love the little half inch! All the fabrics make beautiful flowers.