Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One Flower Wednesday in the Texas Hill Country

Encouraging Words of the Day:

"I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. ~ John 14:27, NLT

We're in the Texas Hill Country. Crazy weather here as I know it's been in most areas. It will be Spring soon but it doesn't look like it around here. Yesterday was a beautiful 81 degrees but today is cold and windy again. As I said before, crazy weather. Nonetheless, here are some flowers I sewed on the way out here for "One-Flower Wednesday."

It seems like I do best sewing these flowers while on a road trip. Driving across west Texas is boring at best since it is desert land for about 3 1/2 hours before we reach the beginning of the Hill Country. The speed limit is 80 miles per hour since all you do is drive straight. The biggest danger is running into another vehicle or falling asleep from sheer boredom so that's when we listen to audio books while my husband drives and I sew. I actually sewed more flowers but I'm saving the rest for another day :)

That is all.

 

9 comments:

  1. Another lovely lot of cute flowers. What size are they ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers! I wish I could sew while driving but it makes me nauseous. I am going on the train tomorrow though and should be able to sew on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I am the driver, I appreciate trains where I can do a bit of work.
    So ... you are a couple of Wednesdays ahead ... even with three on display. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bold and beautiful flowers! Wish I could sew on road trips, but I get a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be able to sew your pretty flowers while being driven along...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spring flowers. I LOVE west Texas. I grew up there and it isn't boring to me at all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my trip to Carlsbad last week would have been a perfect time to catch up on hexies if I hadn't been driving....lol.........your flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful time of year to be visiting the Hill Country!! The wildflowers are out and the bluebonnets are stunning. Boring roadtrips? That's why handwork was invented!! Imagine that trip in a covered wagon??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty hexie flower blocks!
    I hope you have a beautiful start to spring out there in Hill Country!

    ReplyDelete