Wednesday, March 5, 2014

True One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. ~ Psalm 34:17, NLT

I call today "True One-Flower Wednesday" because one flower is all I got done. I decided that once-and-for-all I was going to finish my "House Quilt" so that's what I did. Mind you, these blocks are from a BOM I participated in in 2011. The other blocks I won in a "Neighborhood Party" that Beth from Love,Laugh,Quilt

hosted in 2012. So finally I got that done.

My blogging friend, Julie, teases me because I always make more than one flower for "One-Flower Wednesday." Well, not today because here is one lonely little flower, #184.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

That is all.

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

sunny said...

Love your house quilt! It's a real neighborhood, created by a neighborhood. I haven't made any hexie flowers lately, but I always tried to make at least 2 each week. Once I get caught up with some of my handwork, I'm going back to flowers.

Needled Mom said...

The house quilt looks wonderful. I love how you added additional blocks to them.

The purple flower will be a nice addition to the garden.

Susan In Texas said...

Hi! Thanks for your kind words about my Dear Jane blocks. I saw your F-2 and K-1 below; they both look terrific. I think I did F-2 once before in my original color fabric; that was a fun one. I'm on A-10 right now which is a really weird one. We'll have to see how it goes. Your hexies look terrific too!

Thanks for dropping by my blog,
Susan in Texas

Mary said...

Congratulations on finishing your house quilt! It looks wonderful and doesn't it feel good to reach that point.

Helen said...

Wonderful finish it looks beautiful and I like the way you added extra designs. Gorgeous little flower.

Celtic Thistle said...

Love your House Quilt Irene, I have one of those in the making from a Bee and as I am still waiting for several blocks a year after it was my month to receive I think it is going to be as long in the making as yours was! Hope mine turns out as well as yours did :)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on finishing your House Quilt... it looks beautiful!

Julie Fukuda said...

Ha Ha! You can actually count! I do love that finish. Congratulations on getting that act together!

sister outlaws said...

That quilt is super cute Irene! I never thought of how it's "One flower Wednesday" and you always have more than one! But then one flower Wednesday always happens on a Thursday down under anyway so it's already topsy turvy!

Janet said...

Wonderful house quilt! I love the bird house. :)

Karen said...

Excellent house quilt and one beautiful flower!

Anthea said...

Wow Irene, you have done a beautiful job on your house quilt, well done, what a lot of work! I am sure it will become a treasured family piece x

ps, you are doing much better than me, with your making of more than one flower most weeks - i have not made one for a while! x