Sunday, September 7, 2014

Orange Peel Quilt Along

Almighty Father, Eternal God, Give Dad eternal rest, O Lord, and may Your light shine upon him forever.

 

Jess at "Quilty Habit" has invited us to learn a new skill, i.e. making orange peels to use in our quilting. My "Orange-Peel" cushion has been finished in memory of my Dad who showed us how to make the diagram shown on the cushion without lifting our pencil. The outline goes around each orange peel making the diagram shown. I've embroidered a pencil at the starting point. Follow the dotted line and arrows around each orange peel without lifting the pencil.

Go to this link to see items others have made with their orange peels.

That is all.

 

 

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That looks fantastic! I love the circular idea.

sister outlaws said...

Gorgeous Irene! It's an effective pattern, isn't it/ It looks tricky to make. I love the story about your Dad too.

Jessica said...

Oh wow! I LOVE the pencil embroidery. Amazing job, Irene!!

Carla said...

Pretty pretty! I have never tried this but it's on the 'list'

Julie Fukuda said...

The memory that it brings is as beautiful as the finished cushion.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post!

Janet said...

I realize this is an old post - but gee I love the embroidered pencil! When will you post again?