Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One Flower Wednesday in the Texas Hill Country

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. - Proverbs 16:20 (NLT)

"One-Flower Wednesday" this time finds me sitting in a hunting blind at our little ranch. We're hog hunting but have thus far been unsuccessful. We haven't even seen a hog. I'll be putting a game camera out tomorrow to see if maybe they're eating at night. Anyway, since I'm just sitting her waiting for a hog, I decided to write my blog post since I have my iPad. I always bring it with me so I can play my games, read my books, or write my blog posts. Here are two "sunshiney" flowers, one with a rabbit running through it. AND, I just saw a jackrabbit go hopping by so that seems appropriate.

Go to this link to see what others are doing with their flowers.

Here are a couple of photos of what I'm seeing outside my blind:

I haven't done much sewing. Here's what I did most of the day:

That is all.

 

 

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I hope you can get a hog after sitting there for so long. I suppose stitching would take too much concentration away from watching??? The bunny flower is perfect after seeing the real one.

Karen said...

For someone that makes such beautiful flowers, I can not picture you sitting there waiting to shoot a hog! lol.

Janet said...

Maybe you need a little flower with a hog in the centre and then you'll see a hog? I would love to be there with you finding out all about hog hunting!

Mary said...

Good luck on the hunt. I am always amazed at how delicate and pretty the flowers are on plants as hardy and dangerous as prickly pear cacti. Enjoy your stay at the ranch.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love the flowers....all of them....and what a magnificent sunset! Enjoy all there is to enjoy out there and I'll see you when you get home.

Audrey said...

Lovely flowers! What a good use of time when hog waiting! ;)