Wednesday, July 16, 2014

One Flower Wednesday and Quilt Show Lovelies

Encouraging Words of the Day:

"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8 NLT

"One-Flower Wednesday" finds me sitting in the doctor's waiting room. Nothing wrong, just a check-up to get my prescription updated, but I guess it's a good time to write my blog post since I forgot my hand-sewing but brought my ipad. Here are the flowers I have to show this week:

It's hard to see that there's a little blue elephant head under the umbrella but he looks kind of cute once you figure it's an elephant and not a table under the umbrella. Go to this link to see what others are doing with their flowers.

 

I also have a few photos to show you of lovely quilts my Mother and I saw at a recent quilt show we attended. We thoroughly enjoyed our day viewing the amazing and beautiful job some people do.

I know I won't be making anything like these two any time soon....
I've been in love with Sunbonnet Sue for the longest time and this was a gorgeous quilt.

I absolutely fell in love with this Butterfly quilt made of folded handkerchiefs. I will definitely be making something like this in the future. I even have a pile of vintage handkerchiefs so...soon.

That is all.

 

 

9 comments:

Helen said...

beautiful additions for your garden.

sister outlaws said...

That handkerchief quilt is a brilliant idea! So clever and effective - might have to put a few on a skirt. It would look pretty!

Quilting Momma said...

Nice flowers! Love the handkerchief quilt! I was thinking of taking all those doilies my mom gave me and stitching them all onto a quilt. I do not use them, but it would be nice to keep them somewhere out instead of in the linen cupboard!

Karen said...

Beautiful flowers as always! I LOVE the butterfly quilt too.

Julie Fukuda said...

The hexie flowers are so pretty ... even with an elephant sitting in the middle.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

oh my gosh.....that little elephant IS adorable...and I actually figured it out all by myself! Well you know how I don't go crazy over butterflies but the butterfly quilt made with the hankies is to die for! (who woulda thunk it??)

Janet said...

More cute little flowers! I love the Sunbonnet Sue quilt the best. One day I will have to make one.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Darling hexie's - that little elephant is so cute!
Love the hankie butterfly quilt!
I'd love to make a few pillows using that technique. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful quilt photo's.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great hexies.....wow that butterfly quilt is lovely.