Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy 4th of July and One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. ~ Galatians 5:13, NLT

 

This "One-Flower Wednesday" I'm sharing a couple of flowers in patriotic colors.

These bring my total to 230.

 

I've also been working on the wall hanging made of hexies surrounding our little ranch house which my sister made for me. These are one-inch hexies.

Some day I WILL complete this wall hanging.

We'll be traveling to New Mexico tomorrow to celebrate Independence Day with our family. My parents will also be celebating their July birthdays. We are so blessed to still have them inour lives. The'll be 92 and 93 years old and are still quite active.

Mama still sews and recently presented me with this beautiful quilt she finished. She sewed this up using orphan blocks.

Now she's working on one for my sister Ida. She never slows down and neither does Dad who can often be found sculpting in his workshop.

That is all.

 

 

13 comments:

Quilting Momma said...

We we certainly know where you got your talent from! So lucky to have your parents! My Mum had her birthday yesterday at 81! I am hoping she'll be around as long as yours! Nice flowers! See you again next week!

Quilting Momma said...

I meant to say "well WE" ha ha.... thank goodness I am not being marked on spelling!

suemac said...

I see where you got your sewing prowess from.

Julie Fukuda said...

With all those fireworks around your little house, you are going to have to travel far to get some quiet sleep. Go safely and have a fun family time.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Happy Birthday to your parents and they do such beautiful work! Pretty hexies this week.

Karen said...

Wonderful hexies! Lovely photo of Mom and Dad. Enjoy time with the family.

Anthea said...

Hi Irene, wow your parents sure keep themselves busy, no wonder they look young!
Very pretty hexy flowers this week - I really should get working on mine again, it's been over 6 months since I did one!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....what talented folks you have, Irene. I love your dad's sculpture and I can see where you got your love of quilting.

Pat said...

Great hexies! Enjoy your weekend!

Mary said...

What a wonderful quilt your mom gave you! Such a treasure from one quilter to another.

Mara said...

Happy 4th of July, say Hi to NM for me and that is so cool about your parents, I love the work your dad does, that is really cool.

Janet said...

Your parents are talented just like you and Ida! How lucky you are to have them still around!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sure love your Momma's quilt.