Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's Nearly One Flower Thursday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. - Psalm 119:45 (NLT)

I hope all enjoyed "4th of July" activities. We spent the time in New Mexico with our large family and had a wonderful time. Now back to my sewing room.

These are my flowers for "One-Flower Wednesday." I think they look bright and summery.

My total is now 232. I keep saying I'm going to spread those out and see how much space they cover so I'm off to do that now....That took longer than I thought it would.

My total is actually 253 so that's good :) Dimensions are 47 inches by 50 inches. So...it looks like about 1/4 of a quilt. I guess I'll continue sewing hexies. Maybe I'll start sewing some of them together. Or, maybe not...

 

Go to "One-Flower Wednesday" to see what others are doing with their flowers.

 

That is all.

 

12 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

are those dimensions what you have showing on the photo or the size you will make it? It already looks pretty!

Janet said...

oh my - 1/4 of a quilt! You have a lot of flowers to go.... Very pretty though.

Helen said...

Wow that's a lot of flowers, but don't they look so pretty all laid out. Great effort and good luck with the rest :)

sister outlaws said...

Wow! It's going to be a spectacular quilt! Well worth all that stitching. Wonder if you will look at it and remember all the miles of road you have covered while stitching?

Julie Fukuda said...

I just love what you have so far. Keep up the good work!

Julie Fukuda said...

I just love what you have so far. Keep up the good work!

Carla said...

They look fabulous! I like them on that colour too. Is that sashing?

Needled Mom said...

Wow....those look fantastic. How large do you want your quilt? I love how you fussy cut that little flower.

Pat said...

What you have looks great. 1/4 quilt? For me, sewing the stones between the flowers was the worst part. Needless to say, my first one ended up a lap quilt.

Sharmayne said...

Wow, you have done so well keeping going with the flowers each Wednesday. I increased my work days for a number of months and my Hexies got put aside....perhaps it's time to bring them back out again and try and join back in with the one flower Wednesday gals again

Karen said...

They do look bright and summery! And, how fabulous to see all the flowers together, looking good!

Quilting Momma said...

Beautiful! Looking great! I am so far behind...I ran out of hexies so I have to do some work on that! Thanks for sharing!